Fascia One Color Roof Framing Members Another

HumbleChief

Can't remember how/if this can be done but when I change the fascia color to (let's say) black the roof joists change to black as well. What setting am I missing?

If you do not have a soffit,  the rafters will match the fascia,  makes sense,  typically this is what you would want.  

If you do not want a soffit but you want the fascia and roof framing different materials,  zero out the fascia sizes and then add a shadow board that can be used as the fascia.  You can then have the two different materials.  

"If you do not want a soffit but you want the fascia and roof framing different materials, zero out the fascia sizes and then add a shadow board that can be used as the fascia. You can then have the two different materials."

Scott....Great idea---thinking outside the box!

If you do not have a soffit,  the rafters will match the fascia,  makes sense,  typically this is what you would want.  

If you do not want a soffit but you want the fascia and roof framing different materials,  zero out the fascia sizes and then add a shadow board that can be used as the fascia.  You can then have the two different materials.  

Great suggestion Scott. True you would want the rafters to match the fascia but only to the blocking for the outside wall where they would then be their natural color again. In this case I have a black fascia and want to show it as black alone for the framing plan. Your suggestion should work great though, thanks very much.