Mike's Symbol Spot

para-CAD

I appreciate any input.  

As I get more drawn, I'll put them here.  

I have quite a few 2D CAD details I've made over the years, but almost zero 3D items.  

This is way more fun and "productive" in the evening than watching TV or whatever.

Same block.

Removed the interlocking "nubs"

Removed rebar.

Added concrete.

Only 36 faces!!!

I will be working on the corner blocks and the taper top blocks.  Once I get a few done, I'll compare them to Build Blocks and some of the other ICF vendors. 

Once I get "smart" on these simple symbols maybe I'll try more cool/complex ones.

FOX BLOCK - 8 INCH TYP (125) 36 FACE.calibz

• Like 1

I used photoshop to create a 20" x 20" Texture Source png of the FOX BLOCK label.  

Not sure if it has to be 20" x 20" but it worked so I won't mess with that.

So is it worth creating 3 sets of Texture Sources for the 3 axis' of framed wood, so that I can have all the wood grain oriented correctly when multiples are displayed.

I built a simple purlin but the wood grains are not correct.

CleanShot 2023-02-22 at 20.03.47.png

3D - ROOF PURLIN (TYP).calibz

• Like 1

So here's an odd thing.  I created a 2D framing square but when I convert it into a 3D solid with 3/16" thickness, all of the numbers and lines disappear.  If I'm not doing something right, I'm all ears.  If this is just how it goes when converting 2D to 3D, I would really support the software design team finding a way to apply format-able text on 3D surfaces that skew the same as the surface.

2D Framing Square.calibz

I'm liking the Notes with schedule look (option B).  Not sure I will ever include such items since most of my AHJs are black and white 2D only in their preferred plan styles.

If I specify a detail as in, See 2/A14, I can further define it as

See 2/A14, Note 4

or

See Note (4),  2/A14

CleanShot 2023-03-02 at 08.31.26.png

• Like 1