Illuminated Countertop & Backslash

RobUSMC

Just got back from the Kitchen & Bath show in Vegas and WilsonArt and a few others have come out with solid surfaces 2CM and 3 CM that can be backlit.  We took a client with us and she would like this on her bath countertops tub deck and we are running this same material from the countertop to the ceiling.  Is there a way to take a Quartz countertop material from the library and back light it?

Countertop.jpg

Illuminated Countertop 3.png

Illuminated Countertop 2.png

Illuminated Countertop 1.png

Set some lights in room, dropped ambient a bit.

All counters set stretch to fit (some were from cactus catalog), all 10% transparent.

For standard view camera emissive between 0.1-0.3 for lighter tops,,2.0 and 3.0 for dark tops

For RTRT needed to change emissive to 30 (led) might play a little less for light / whiter tops.

backlit.png

backlit RTRT.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

The lights you put in the room do you have to drop them down inside the cabinet?  Can lights?

No, first thing I tried was putting lights into the cabinet but was nogo. Just light room normally. Then play with material definition- first slight transparency- these were 10% which was about average highest. Then emissive as noted depends on type of view. Oddly need more emissive for real time ray trace than for standard view. I have a hunch the image you posted was a standard view where 1 is too high.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, MarkMc said:

No, first thing I tried was putting lights into the cabinet but was nogo. Just light room normally. Then play with material definition- first slight transparency- these were 10% which was about average highest. Then emissive as noted depends on type of view. Oddly need more emissive for real time ray trace than for standard view. I have a hunch the image you posted was a standard view where 1 is too high.

Perfect!  Nice job!