Is Chief Interiors no longer available?

LevisL

I just recently started collaborating with an interior designer on a few projects. She uses Sketchup and I mentioned that she should look at switching to Chief Interiors so we can share files… is Interiors now discontinued with the switch to the annual subscription model? All the links to buy under Interiors and Kitchen & Bath on the Chief website lead to the Chief Premier purchase page @ $1,995/yr…

RIP Chief Interiors.  I barely knew you but I think I always liked you.

Maybe your friend could try HD Pro?  You would still be able to share files (as long as you check the magic box that lets you share).  I think you can also get a trial version of pro to try before you buy and they even have monthly rentals available.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

That is interesting indeed.  So what happens to the sea members of interiors? @scottharris or @Dermot

I’m assuming you mean SSA members of interiors? If so, I was wondering the same thing!

4 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Maybe your friend could try HD Pro?

We’ll definitely look into it. That appears to be the only option now if she’s not ready to fork out 2K/yr (and that’s not taking into account the exchange rate for us north of the border!)

That is another kick in the pants to the Premier users that have been paying all these years!!

UPDATE:

Seems some people forget we have the right to our Opinion!!!! Thanks for the down votes it shows how shallow minded some people are!

Ok, so here is my opinion.  You have a right to your opinions but so do the people that disagree with you and downvoted you.  That does not make them "shallow minded".

I think the company giving the Interiors people a free upgrade to Premier is a good thing.  They bought their program and they paid their SSA just like everyone else did.  I think they even had to pay the same for SSA as everyone else even though they were paying for less features.

I really don't see how the company taking care of them is a "kick in the pants" to any one else.  I actually think that it shows that they still care about their customers.  They could have just said "Sorry but if you want to upgrade to Premier it will cost you $$$" instead.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Ok, so here is my opinion.  You have a right to your opinions but so do the people that disagree with you and downvoted you.  That does not make them "shallow minded".

I think the company giving the Interiors people a free upgrade to Premier is a good thing.  They bought their program and they paid their SSA just like everyone else did.  I think they even had to pay the same for SSA as everyone else even though they were paying for less features.

I really don't see how the company taking care of them is a "kick in the pants" to any one else.  I actually think that it shows that they still care about their customers.  They could have just said "sorry but if you want to upgrade it will cost you $$$" instead.

Would you be kind enough to tell me what they gave the Premier customer in addition to what they have been paying for? I do not recall getting any upgrade from Priemer to something better. What did I miss as you claim paying the same?

• Downvote 1

On 2/19/2023 at 2:06 AM, OkcDesigner said:

That is another kick in the pants to the Premier users that have been paying all these years!!

I had that same thought. I didn't go all "kicked in the pants" mad, but did feel it was a slightly unfair benefit. I mean, when I skipped SSA for a couple years, I had to pay DEARLY to get back on the wagon. So I see your point.

I also upvoted you, because getting downvoted simply for stating a reasonable opinion sucks. :) Now, have I downvoted a couple of posts regarding the price change topic, because some guy was going around spamming every thread with nonsense whining? Yes because it just got really old. But one simple post with a reasonable opinion?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, OkcDesigner said:

Would you be kind enough to tell me what they gave the Premier customer in addition to what they have been paying for? I do not recall getting any upgrade from Priemer to something better. What did I miss as you claim paying the same?

Haven’t you ever given a customer a special discount or done a little something extra for them?  I assume you probably have.  If so, did you then reach out to all your other Customers and offer them the same discount or do something extra for all of them as well?  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

• 5 months later...
On 2/21/2023 at 3:00 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Haven’t you ever given a customer a special discount or done a little something extra for them?  I assume you probably have.  If so, did you then reach out to all your other Customers and offer them the same discount or do something extra for all of them as well?  

I not only do that, but if I charge a customer more than previous clients, then I go back to all the ones that paid less and charge them more as well.  So far I am up a lot.  lol. Isn't logic amazing?  Now if I can stop laughing and get back to work that would be good. 

• Like 1