ICF Wall Main Layers Only Display in 3D and Elevation

ValleyGuy

Is there a way to display 'Main Layers Only' for ICF in an efficient manner?  I see that there has been a few discussions in the past describing a few work arounds to temporarily display the foam block for a quick picture, however, there seems to be a lot of work involved and has to be done multiple times if one wants to move / adjust anything. Has Chief put in a reasonably easy way to shed off the interior layers (drywall) and exterior layers (siding) to ICF walls and foundations? 'Main Layers Only' appears to be triggered by wood framing and not the actual 'Main Layers' of the wall in both 3D and Elevation cameras, and ICF doesn't seem to have a way to "frame" a substance to become visible.

My goal is to show the overall ICF scope of work in 3D as well as show wall elevations to help the foundation contractor see the few different areas that need further explanation - just like we would with wood framing elevations. I've been making CAD elevations, but that too is very time consuming.

1222736233_WallLayerDisplayIssue.thumb.png.db0e868dafa29729e431f6aa25e7b762.png    1086524936_ICFCADDetail.thumb.png.3aa460f9f491a7b42d3c3f42d1242db7.png 

I have messed around with a very similar situation of a wall framed on top of a couple of courses of CMU that looks really strange in a framing view without the concrete blocks visible.

Ideally you would assign the things you want to show in a framing view as framing but that just leads you into a huge mess.

I think I ended up making a duplicate that I could put on it's own layer which could be turned on and off as necessary.

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

I have messed around with a very similar situation of a wall framed on top of a couple of courses of CMU that looks really strange in a framing view without the concrete blocks visible.

Ideally you would assign the things you want to show in a framing view as framing but that just leads you into a huge mess.

I think I ended up making a duplicate that I could put on it's own layer which could be turned on and off as necessary.

Yes, and another situation is when you use stepped pony walls for a walkout basement foundation and end up with solid 2x walls in 3d framing view, or no wall with the foundation wall layer turned off. I'm sure there are workarounds but I haven't taken the time to try, and I haven't embraced the Floor Level 1 basement method at this point.