New X15 Features

Designers_Ink

Post on KBBOnline.com

https://kbbonline.com/products/kitchen-technology/chief-architect-x15-software/?fbclid=IwAR04amiYeqc7K7Z5GN_23cOj59qXtd7lWIxIG0eZUKLGE70EuscUxlG00xE

Chief Architect Software has announced a new version of its architectural 3D home design software Chief Architect X15. Chief Architect X15 offers powerful new features, including automatic truss framing and real-time ray trace rendering that produces photo realistic results

in less than 30 seconds with a new de-noise feature. The software allows for easily positioning the sun and moon in 3D to create renderings for any time of the day or night.

Chief Architect X15 select new features include:

• Automatic truss framing for roof and floor trusses
  • Reference display to superimpose an as-built over a remodel in 3D
  • Offsets for deck railings and stairs to move the railing to the outside
  • A catalog library that can access files locally or from the cloud
  • Live Material Lists that continually change. If you move a wall or add a window the material list updates in real-time.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I'm curious what this one is.  Per the wording, it seems to be describing something we already have.

Maybe within the same .plan file?? Just guessing.

Truss framing and dynamic material list are great, but I hope there are more Big Surprises coming...

Please note that this is just a very small subset of the new features that are coming in X15.  

As for the reference display, we are going to have the ability to offset and rotate the reference display which will allow some more flexibility in how it can be used.

Reference Display.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I just noticed one of the articles was dated Jan 23rd and suggested X15 will be introduced during this year's KBIS which starts today Jan 31 through Feb 2nd. So I'm guessing that if the new features in X15 will be introduced there that those new features might also be introduced to its users as well?  

7 hours ago, Dermot said:

As for the reference display, we are going to have the ability to offset and rotate the reference display which will allow some more flexibility in how it can be used.

Just thinking aloud here, but it would be great if we also had the ability to not only offset and rotate, but Mirror a reference plan.

This would give us the ability to do a mirror reflected and offset reference plan so that we could do mirrored duplexes so that editing the original plan was dynamically reflected (see how I did that) in the reference display.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Dermot said:

Please note that this is just a very small subset of the new features that are coming in X15.  

Reference Display.png

WORD!!

This will be extremely welcomed. I also concur with Glenn that the mirror option would be used more than not in most cases for me.

9 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

I just noticed one of the articles was dated Jan 23rd and suggested X15 will be introduced during this year's KBIS which starts today Jan 31 through Feb 2nd. So I'm guessing that if the new features in X15 will be introduced there that those new features might also be introduced to its users as well?  

No, the article indicates that the release will be this spring.  It's only being demonstrated at KBIS this week.

If chief really wanted to improve rendering (which it seems they do), I vote they should include geometry for siding materials.(and corners)   Eg show the actual siding in 3d (which could be further enhanced with bumps).    This geometry could perhaps be defined by molding profile DBX  and be defined (or rotated) for materials like vert vs horiz siding.

We all know the poly count would go up, but we are in a day where the GPU's can handle it.    

Lap siding, even with bumps, does not show well in 3d.   Board and batten....well that is the reason so many try to do manual applications for good renderings.

I am not suggesting this is necessary.  It is my feeling that Chief should stop focusing on rendering.  BUT if chief wants to produce good renderings, showing siding in 3d would be the single largest leap forward that I think they could make.   This difference would be a HUGE leap in the quality of the rendering.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

No, the article indicates that the release will be this spring.  It's only being demonstrated at KBIS this week.

Yes, it will be 'released' in the spring but wouldn't the 'demonstration', going on as this is written, show case X15's new features? And will that demonstration be showing only a few new features as described in the (and the accompanying) article or will the entire suite of new features be demonstrated? And if many new features will be introduced at the KBIS show I'm just wondering if those same new features will be 'introduced' (not released) to Chief's user base? Pretty exciting as always...

3 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

it's still in pre-beta so maybe just a skinny reveal of those few features is in order for now?

Yes seems a bit weird this article is out there....... in years gone by we got the Public Beta the Day before KBIS started IIRC ? 

Mick.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 3:28 PM, Dermot said:

Reference Display.png

Id love to know how the Z axis adjustment works.  That's interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 12:47 AM, glennw said:

Just thinking aloud here, but it would be great if we also had the ability to not only offset and rotate, but Mirror a reference plan.

This would give us the ability to do a mirror reflected and offset reference plan so that we could do mirrored duplexes so that editing the original plan was dynamically reflected (see how I did that) in the reference display.  

+1