Mouse / Cursor Issues in Chief Architect X14

kbuilddesign

Hello,

Can anyone help with Mouse/Cursor issues in Chief Architect X14?

If I am on a plan or layout the Mouse cursor moves differently. I'm finding that the cursor has a lag on it and I'm constantly overshooting points that I want to click on so its an effort to click on objects. The best way I can describe it is its like trying to run on ice! If you move the cursor on to the Library / Project Browser Panels it works fine.

I've tried playing around with selections in EDIT, PREFERENCES, EDIT / BEHAVIORS / SNAP PROPERTIES, but this has made little difference.

Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

David

Random ideas:

Try turning off or on the crosshair cursor (preferences).

Try turning off or on "synchronize with cursor (also preferences).

Try updating your video card drivers.

Does it only happen in one plan or in all plans (even a very simple one)?  

If all else fails, I would try contacting tech support.

1 hour ago, kbuilddesign said:

Hello,

Can anyone help with Mouse/Cursor issues in Chief Architect X14?

If I am on a plan or layout the Mouse cursor moves differently. I'm finding that the cursor has a lag on it and I'm constantly overshooting points that I want to click on so its an effort to click on objects. The best way I can describe it is its like trying to run on ice! If you move the cursor on to the Library / Project Browser Panels it works fine.

I've tried playing around with selections in EDIT, PREFERENCES, EDIT / BEHAVIORS / SNAP PROPERTIES, but this has made little difference.

Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

David

By chance is it a new mouse or other new equipment on your desk?  Is it wireless and you have a new mug or something on your desk? Sounds like wireless mouse interference.  Perhaps you have your Aldo/PB on another screen or at the edge of your screen and you move your mouse enough away that it is not interfering at that location.

Just a thought.  Otherwise restart everything and retest.

So I just spoke with Chief Architect Tech Support and they were very helpful!

Turns out the problem was with my two extended displays. I had both monitors going through a splitter into the USB input in my laptop. I removed one HDMI from the splitter and put it straight into the HDMI port on my laptop and now everything works properly!

Thanks to everyone for your helpful responses.

David 

• Like 2