Room definition issue

CElder

room definition issue.zip

Plan attached, although I had to zip it because it says it's too big.  I can't imagine why because I just started but maybe there's something hidden that is causing my issue.

This happened out of the blue today.  Using the same template I always start with, I started drawing walls and am having an issue with room definition in the center area of the house.  I can select the powder room as a room.  I can select the coat closet as a room.  If I select the open space around it (Dining - Kitchen - Great Room - Foyer), it doesn't exclude the powder room and closet, as it should because they are separate, enclosed rooms.  Also, the doors on those two rooms inserted as if they are exterior doors rather than interior.

I'm just starting on this plan so I haven't built anything above or below it or changed any room definitions so I need help figuring out what happened!!

room definition issue.plan

Stripped most everything else out of the plan and got it down to size.  I had already checked on wall connections and "no room definition" but I checked them again, just for good measure.  Those were not the issue.  All my other rooms are defined correctly.  It's just those couple rooms in the middle of the open space.

2 minutes ago, javatom said:

It is because you have an isolated room within another room.  Try adding an invisible wall from the bathroom to the wall on the left.  This will fix your situation.

Better yet:

Default Settings>Walls>General Wall>Connect Island Rooms

This settings should really always be checked for most people and most situations.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, javatom said:

It is because you have an isolated room within another room.  Try adding an invisible wall from the bathroom to the wall on the left.  This will fix your situation.

That worked!  I can't imagine it's the first time in the 7 years I've been using this program that I've had a room in the middle of a room that I didn't use an invisible wall to divide it but apprarently I haven't.

Thanks!