Chief Rounding to nearest 1/8"

kwhitt

I've just noticed this behavior today while starting a new project.  Although my active dimension defaults are set to be nearest 1/16", Chief is rounding up to the nearest 1/8".  In the first image you can see the dimension defaults.  The second image shows what I'm running into - although the dimension line states 136 7/8", when opening a segment of equal length it clearly shows 136 13/16 (which is the goal).  I've also attached the file.  What setting might I be missing here?  Thanks!

02.jpg

01.jpg

CHF_7595 Newman Rd_01-29-23_AS-BUILT.plan

I believe it has to do with grid rounding and the fact that the model of those walls are very randomly located on the grid. Move all 4 walls so that the bottom left corner of the exterior framing line is located exactly at 0,0 on the grid and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Rob.  You are 100% correct.  I will never center my model at 0,0 again.  This is actually the first time I attempted to center so no wonder I never encountered the issue before.  Thanks again, Kevin

• Like 1

If you really want to make your drawing / modelling simple, always start at 0,0 and move away to the top and to the right. This will minimize negative x,y, values and increase your inherent knowledge of where items in your model are located. It's also especially helpful to have a 1" snap grid turned on. You'll almost never end up with and object in a random location except for when you want or need to. Everything you draw in any view will always start on a 1" coordinate line and all movements will automatically be in 1" increments. Use the dimension, tab, or transform/replicate tools to position items in locations other than the snap grid.

• Like 2