Place recessed light in poly line solid

develospec9

Hi , I made a simple exterior overhang (over front door) with poly line solid  and am trying to place a recessed light below it , as if a regular ceiling bit I won’t install. Anyone know how to accomplish this? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Using X10 version

Just off the cuff but I think if you make it floor mounted then you can input an elevation and raise it off the floor up to the ceiling...   + 96" or something similar.

Similar situation with soffits if you want to search that it comes up regularly.

Or, just place the light on a ceiling and then move it under the polyline solid.  You will probably need to adjust the height though.

Or, use a cabinet soffit instead of a poly solid because the recessed light should mount underneath it.

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone and thanks for the suggestions. I found that the cabinet soffit that DB mentioned forks best and easiest as it can be adjusted in dialog box for height , width length etc. I just had to place it inside the house first  , place the recessed lights, and then move it outside attached to exterior .. otherwise it would now allow a recessed light and would default to the exterior light fixture .

Other than that , it’s a great hack .. thanks much DB , Chopsaw and MTL!

• Like 1