Custom Line Style

keithhe

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Concerns line styles, there are a variety of "canned" styles as we all know, but can these be customized?

And example being for Hot Water --------------H/W-------------HW-----------HW-----------

But i have a variety of sizes from 1/2" to 4" in a commercial setting and rather that annotate each line separately, it would be nicer to have that "built Into" the line.

Is there anyway to customize these??

Thanks,

• Solution
2 minutes ago, keithhe said:

Concerns line styles, there are a variety of "canned" styles as we all know, but can these be customized?

And example being for Hot Water --------------H/W-------------HW-----------HW-----------

Yes.  CAD>Lines>Line Style Management>Select the desired Style>Copy

• Upvote 1

Michael,

That's great !! Thank you sir. I'll need to go through and try this, but would save a lot of time to not have to separately annotate all the different lines for what they are.

Do you, or would you just save as a personal library item?

6 hours ago, keithhe said:

I see now where it adds to the lines styles.

I think you will find that you can apply the new line style to a line and it shows up in the line style drop down, but the line style is only saved with that drawing - it is not saved as a system line style.

If you want to save the line style for use in other plans, you will need to save it to the library or your default template.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, glennw said:

I think you will find that you can apply the new line style to a line and it shows up in the line style drop down, but the line style is only saved with that drawing - it is not saved as a system line style.

If you want to save the line style for use in other plans, you will need to save it to the library or your default template.

Thanks Glenn !!