Workflow re: as-builts and showing demolished / added walls

reedie2000

I'd like to indicate walls that will be demolished / added during a renovation. I want these to show in plan view but for the demolished wall, I don't want this to be a modeled wall. I'd rather not have to draw things on the document in CAD, but for it to be indicated as I work in plan view, but not show up in 3-D and be considered a component. Is this possible?

If you want to use walls for demolished walls, make sure you specify them as Invisible, No Room definition and probably No Locate (once they are located correctly).

There are other ways using layers, etc, but try the above first.

Added walls can be just plain walls with a new wall type if required.

I draw the existing conditions with the appropriate wall types. In my layer sets I have layers such as Wall2bremoved, Door2bremoved, etc. These are changed to dashed lines with adjusted line line weight and color. For demo take the wall or part thereof and open wall type > copy > add demo to name such as Interior 4 Demo and dash all the lines. Place these on Wall2bremoved layer along with doors, windows, cabinets etc. on their own 2bremoved layers. Mark the walls no locate, no room def. In any 3D view, elevations, sections, etc. turn the 2bremoved layers off.

Demo1.thumb.jpg.d6c4ab19857007f6372c37901942de67.jpgDemo2.thumb.jpg.96dd544220b594c59a43a4bbd1dd329a.jpg

My personal workflow:

1. Draw As-Built Plan
  2. Save As Demo Plan
  3. Modify that plan by removing objects as necessary and changing wall types to Demo Walls where desired.  You can optionally use the Wall Hatching tool instead of changing wall type depending on your preferences.
  4. Once Demo Plan is completed, Save As Proposed Plan
  5. Make desired changes to that new plan using the As-Built plan along with a carefully created As-Built Reference Layer Set as a Referenced Floor.