Footings not showing correctly around garage doors

capitaldesigns

I am working on the plans for a new house with slab foundation.

The footings around the garage doors are not generating correctly.

They are extending out past the outside edge of the walls by around 6 inches.

I want the outside edge of the footing to align with the outside edge of the stud wall.

I have marked up problem areas on the plans. Could someone take a look at the attached

plan and let me know how get the footings around the garage doors to generate correctly.

Thanks, Mike

178 Arcturus Street Design Plan-2.zip

39 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

I am working on the plans for a new house with slab foundation.

The footings around the garage doors are not generating correctly.

They are extending out past the outside edge of the walls by around 6 inches.

I want the outside edge of the footing to align with the outside edge of the stud wall.

I have marked up problem areas on the plans. Could someone take a look at the attached

plan and let me know how get the footings around the garage doors to generate correctly.

Thanks, Mike

178 Arcturus Street Design Plan-2.zip 3.75 MB · 1 download

The foundation wall is not aligned with the main wall above.  but there are other issues with what you are trying to do there.  What Eric is showing will make the foundation build out to the built out walls.

I suspect the problem that you are running into is using short wall segments to get the foundation offset for the bumped-out wall details.

CA does not deal with small wall offsets very well, so one alternate is to use slabs to mimic the solid concrete where required.  

image.thumb.png.67549785bfce3e4f68ce909b495d2d67.png

In perspective, I used a different colour concrete so that the foundation edit could be more clearly seen

image.thumb.png.9391ae4edb3f2f8c4ed2c8e3a54afc88.png