Plot Plan Dimension Text Location

DRyeHD

Go to solution Solved by SHCanada2,

Not with automatic line length display unfortunately.   As soon as we get proper labels it will not be a problem.

I sometimes make a duplicate line and make it the blank line style then move the whole line but it is extra stuff to keep track of.

The other options are to use a dimension line or a referenced line label.

24 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Not with automatic line length display unfortunately.   As soon as we get proper labels it will not be a problem.

I sometimes make a duplicate line and make it the blank line style then move the whole line but it is extra stuff to keep track of.

The other options are to use a dimension line or a referenced line label.

Thanks for the input.  I'm not sure what the referenced line label is but I'll check that out.

14 minutes ago, DRyeHD said:

I'm not sure what the referenced line label is but I'll check that out.

It is not a great solution either as it is a challenge to keep the leader lines attached any you will need a little bit of macro know how unless you are happy with %length% displayed in inches.

• Solution

i typically use dimension lines with a blank line style for plot dimensions, because it snaps to the line. move the line, the dimension changes. move the dimension line (that you cannot actually see, but you can select) and the text moves with it

image.thumb.png.3972c2fc87908435912753a232a4cdce.png

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

You could automate it with macros and breaking it into polylines, orrrrrrrr we could make this way more simple and just drop a text box in..its 4 text boxes..super fast 

I completely agree.  I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something.

9 hours ago, SHCanada2 said:

i typically use dimension lines with a blank line style for plot dimensions, because it snaps to the line. move the line, the dimension changes. move the dimension line (that you cannot actually see, but you can select) and the text moves with it

image.thumb.png.3972c2fc87908435912753a232a4cdce.png

I like this idea.  Either this or doing what @Renerabbittsuggests...keep it simple!