Two-Story Porches

DeLayDesign

It's not very often I come across them, but from time to time they pop up.  I can remember figuring out how to make it work for me before, but now I can't see to remember.

I know I can build it in sections with invisible walls, and place the columns myself, but what's the proper way to get chief to realize the first floor wall shouldn't travel past the second?

image.thumb.png.9d3d7dac4a7ff43499b36201135b94ac.png

On 1/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, DeLayDesign said:

I know I can build it in sections with invisible walls, and place the columns myself, but what's the proper way to get chief to realize the first floor wall shouldn't travel past the second?

I'm not sure there is a "proper way" , I think it's another of Chief's Quirks , ie the 1st floor wall ignoring the 2nd floor wall that is already above it in this situation, it should "sense" the wall / floor platform above and stop UNLESS the user Balloons it Up.  ( The 1st floor Wall doesn't sense 2nd Floor Windows either which is a problem I run into occasionally and  if that happened this Issue would come up either.)

* Like you I had to pull the 1st floor wall back down manually  ( unfortunately there's no "stop at 2nd Floor platform" radio button.

image.thumb.png.368e2581851e66e470855a36e2efe694.png       

Plan File incase some future Reader would like it...............Forum 2 Storey Front Porch.plan

Mick.

• Like 1