Sheet Index from Consultants

ROYOarchitects

Are you creating 'dummy sheets' for your consultant's drawings, or importing their PDFs onto your layout sheets so that your drawing index includes their sheets?  This can be cumbersome work.

Take your architectural Sheet Index and copy/paste.  Keep the original table for the sheets under your purview.  Select the new one, right click and select Schedule to Text (third from the bottom).  This will 'explode' the table into editable text and you can then edit the information to match your consultants sheet index.  You can remove and add to it and the boxes will be created.  I also change the header to consultant's discipline as Structural, Civil, Landscape, etc. See example below.  Hope this helps you with your workflow.

Thanks,

Drawing Index Example.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

I make dummy sheets to populate my sheet index with structural engineering, civil engineering, surveys, and landscape plan entries. After I print my layout, I replace the dummy sheets with the real sheets in Acrobat. 

I don't really understand what the benefit of opening in a text editor adds. This introduces liability as it is no longer actively linked to page information. Simply having dummy sheets in your template layout works quite well. Have a separate layout template for each separate engineer that you are using, or simply say S sheets attached and ask your engineer to include a page index on their S sheets