Recommendations for Battery backup for PC?

carowe

I recently relocated to a different state, and found that the power here tends to be interrupted for a few seconds (long enough to shut down my pc and corrupt files) at least once every other week.  Does anyone have a battery backup for their pc that they would recommend?  I don't need it for long periods of time - just long enough so that if there's a blip, my pc doesn't shut down, or if the power goes off for a longer period of time, I can shut down programs and my pc normally.  

Thanks for any input!

I have used APC's Pro models for decades. Great knowing you have the back-up protection when an outage or flickering occurs.

Their warranty program is very good too. Had many through the years and when batteries are spent, you can order new ones rather than replacing the hole unit (a bit cheaper this way).

I did have one of them with a shorter than expected life. They will usually send you out an equivalent replacement free of charge (after a brief questionnaire), but in this case, they were out of stock and sent me the APC C-1500 model (a step up over previous). This model offers a true Sin Wave which, as I understand, is better for micro-electronics.

To buy the C 1500 outright, however, is in the $500- $600 range, where the APC Pro about $200.