Commercial office acoustic ceilings

GSD123

Go to solution Solved by rlackore,

I'm working on a simple interior office remodel. I can't figure out how to get the grid and ceiling tiles to work correctly. The LED troffer lights don't display in 3D views and the CAD lines used for the grid layout dont appear either. I attached the plan file to show what I am dealing with.

Office Layout.plan

• Solution

1. The troffers won't display because your 3D View Layerset doesn't have the Fixtures, Interior layer turned on.

2. The lines don't display because CAD linework doesn't display in 3D Views.

3. To align the ceiling in 3D view with your linework in plan, you will need to adjust the ceiling's Material Definition Offset and Angle. You may need to create several separate Materials, with different Offset and Angle settings, to get each Room to display the ceiling properly.

2 hours ago, GSD123 said:

Do you think I am using the most efficient way of laying out a ceiling grid with troffer lights? Is there a better way in Chief?

Most methods for this kind of work require a brute force approach. My typical workflow:

1. For reflected ceiling plans, I prefer to use closed polylines to define the perimeter of each area that has a discrete grid layout, such as rooms, etc. I then assign each closed polyline a Fill Style>Grid with a Scale Width and Height to match the ceiling tile (12x12, 24x24, 24x48, etc.), and adjust the Offset and Angle to nudge the pattern into place.

2. For 3D views, I minimize the number of areas that need to be modeled accurately, then create ceiling Materials for just those areas, and adjust the Material properties as required.

1171666689_OpenOffice03.thumb.jpg.14f744625e9adc684772e4a29e10376c.jpg1430671233_Reception03.thumb.jpg.1aed9b3d772baf0d142a7a55e8467e21.jpg211433760_Reception04.thumb.jpg.57c47b468a9cf3ebc2c787d35f3fa7b8.jpg

• Like 1