X7 Beta -I Spend More Time Waiting For Drawing Than Drawing

AriseDesign

I believe I experience a slow down when I have been working on the plan awhile.  I do not believe it is tied to the size of the file as much as the time spent working on a particular file.

I am still monitoring to feel more confident in my assertion.

I have noticed a slow down.   Most when zooming in and out and also a longer pause anytime new walls "connect".

Another bug I am noticing is that when I select something and the handles pop up, I will grab the center one to move it and it will just stay there.   The cursor will freeze.   I will then have to re-select and grab again and it will move.   It is not just one plan, but doing it in several different ones. 

• Upvote 1

Check your virus settings.  Make sure that Chief and all Chief folders/files are exempted.  You probably did that for X6 at some point but X7 resides in different folders.

Virus checkers can really slow things down.

Ill try that, but that was not it.   I use Microsoft security essentials.   I looked and did not have older versions of Chief excluded....

I will do that now though.   Running from SSID so I dont think it would a file transfer issue either. 

• Upvote 1

Larger plans with a lot of stuff becomes very slow, and comes to a crawl if I have multiple windows open such as one plan, one elevation and a perspective overview that needs to be updated in parallell. If I close everything but for example plan and shut off all layers I don't need it typically becomes acceptable again.

• Upvote 1

I sent my plan into Brian,  and he could not see the slowdown.  Is he recognizing the slow down in your plans.....  question directed at all of you.

I also sent mine in and he didn't see any slowdown. I did a video a while back showing the difference.
  • Upvote 1