Help with roofing

BellaRena

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and would like to introduce myself. I am majoring in Arch super intrigued by it and on the mission to master CA as it seems the way to go for residential based projects. 

The issue I am facing is keeping roof planes uniform and making them act properly. I'm sure my situation is not complex to most of you and maybe a lack of general understanding on my part as the roof system has been tough for me to grasp and I am not giving up. Prior to coming on the forum I have watched countless hours of video and tutorials to try to understand how to make such changes within the program properly. I posted pictures and the original file showing the areas I would like help/understanding on (the roof over the garage, and when adding a railing to create a porch). Also some examples of what I am trying to achieve (possibly shelf roof for third car or the high gable connecting to top most roof line or not is fine). 

Thank you. 

Program: CA Premier X14

garage.jpg

issue.jpgporchh.thumb.jpg.8dac429f2528641c46ac85557ef44227.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-17 122445.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-17 122526.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-17 140534.jpg

forum.plan

porch.jpg

44 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

So what exactly is your problem?  You show us four different houses, and two screenshots of a 3D from a plan, the screenshots showing roof variation.

The two screenshots from the plan in 3D, the roofs are not lining up as I would like them too as the examples of the other 4 houses with the exception of 1 with a shed style that I also like. The peaks on one of the 3D screenshots without the porch are forming a valley and a hip over the main garage that is staggered (circled in red). The other screenshot in 3D shows the porch but its connecting not as I would like (doing the same problem as the screenshot circled in red and also the area the porch connects too. 

• 1 year later...

Keep up the good detective work.

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?