Angled Walls

sea_lyons

I have my floorplan down but need to add an angled wall between the two points seen below. The measurements shown there are what I need them to be, however, any time I try to connect those two points everything is thrown off. Wall lengths change.

I've tried so many different ways of doing this but nothing seems to be working for me (drawing all walls and then adjusting as needed, locking the start/end/center of the walls, etc). I know I must be doing something wrong or backwards here but can't figure it out. 

1450746502_AngledWall.thumb.png.d2eb28f085bd708b5820d4872ce37398.png

Showroom.plan

I also struggle with angled walls and after many years of working on plans for very old homes with crazy angled walls in the Boston area, I found the best way to have complete control over the dimensions at the angles was to use point markers at the end of each angle.  I'd then slowly adjust each wall to be as close as possible to my point markers.  Might not be the "proper" way to do things, but it gave me control.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, solver said:

Try drawing a CAD line where you want the main layer of the wall to go. Your wall will snap to it. Start drawing in the middle, then extend to the sides.

And probably add the angle to the Allowed Angles.

So draw a CAD line from point to point and then draw a wall next to the CAD line? Wall doesn't seem to be snapping to the CAD line and the other dimensions are still changing...

24 minutes ago, SusanC said:

I also struggle with angled walls and after many years of working on plans for very old homes with crazy angled walls in the Boston area, I found the best way to have complete control over the dimensions at the angles was to use point markers at the end of each angle.  I'd then slowly adjust each wall to be as close as possible to my point markers.  Might not be the "proper" way to do things, but it gave me control.   

Okay this definitely got the job done! Thanks so much! 

I do still wonder what the proper way to do it is though lol I gave myself a headache trying to figure it out 

• Like 1

It is possible to do it in one operation without guide lines, etc.

It just needs a bit of preparation and then a select wall and drag.

Turn off all grids and Angle Snaps.

Turn off all snaps apart from Endpoint.

In Preferences, turn off Always Snap Walls At Allowed Angles.

In General Wall Defaults select Resize About>Inner Surface.

Select the wall I have hi-lighted and drag a new wall off it, and snap it to the top right hand corner of the lower wall (outside of wall lining).

Before:

1401992134_Screenshot2023-01-14at10_12_27am.thumb.jpg.5483918c20a47ae3d6d552a9752e3157.jpg

After:

1837277084_Screenshot2023-01-14at10_21_01am.thumb.jpg.5f276dbcfae191e1eb509374024f5948.jpg

• Like 1