Accuracy of Materials List?

VWCALBUG

Hello,

I have designed a 2988sqft house with what I believe is all fairly accurate build of the walls and floors. When I run the materials list, it shows 698 feet of "base moulding". I assume this is the baseboard, right? This seems low. I don't see another category for base moulding, there is "interior casing" at 1140 ft, that's starting to sound more reasonable.

When I click "find object in plan" to see what it's referring to, it goes to the plan, but I don't see anything highlighted or indicated, not sure what to look for when it switches me to the plan?

Thanks,

Justin

1 hour ago, VWCALBUG said:

it shows 698 feet of "base moulding". I assume this is the baseboard, right?

Certainly should be, "Find in Plan" should take you back to the plan with the object(s) selected - it may seem like nothing is selected because, well everything is selected. One way to test this is to open a room, go to moldings, uncheck Use Default and delete it, then remake a Mat List. The length should drop and Find In Plan should highlight all but that room.

This is a kind of tough one to manually verify in HD but it's simply tracing the perimeter of each room (that has Default Casing).

1 hour ago, VWCALBUG said:

there is "interior casing" at 1140 ft, that's starting to sound more reasonable.

That's specifically all door/window casing.

If it makes you feel any better, I've never seen the MatList get anything blatantly wrong, if anything there are some rounding flukes here n there, but it's just measuring all the things it sees in the plan.