Custom Note Schedule: How to correctly set scale for Note schedules in layout

gravattedesign

My Note Label symbols are scaling larger than the layer font for the note text. This causes schedules to come in much larger when dropped into Layout. Schedules are created in a CAD DETAIL page in the PLAN file then dropped onto a layout page at the same scale as the drawing view the notes are linked. Please help with this anomaly. I have included a PDF with Screen shots of a sample layout page, Schedule and Layer settings.

Thank you for anyoone who may be able to shed some light on this issue.

22-0110-CHIEF ISSUES-GDS-Schedule Note scaling in layout.pdf

At the request of DBCooper...attached is the plan file and layout file with the Note Schedule issues. CA X13 Pro

Per Alchemyjim: Should the Note Label also show up as the same text style as the be controlled "Use layer as text Style" option? I do understand based on your recommendation that it may be a better approach to assign the Note label with it's own style since they typically show in plan as a bold font.

Thank you good folks for the continued feedback.

23-0111-GRAVATTE DESIGN-RIVERS-PERMIT.zip

" . . . at the same scale as the drawing view the notes are linked . , , "

You know you are drawing at 1:1 scale, right?  And that any anno you want seen on the drawing view is sized to output at your specified size for the scale you use in your layout box?

And those notes are appearing as anno in plan views that are at full scale.

What's you desired output at layout?  Give us your specified text heights for the note text in tables and the label text (inside circles and hexagons) in tables.

Why are you mixing label shapes?

I looked at your plan file and wow do you have way too many text styles.

You created 1/2 inch scale text styles for some of your note schedule elements.  I did not go through it all but stopped there.  You want your notes at 1/4 scale text, and the reason your text looks goofy in layout is because your layout box scale for them is 1/4 but the text is sized for 1/2.

You really ought to clean up your whole text defaults setup.

Gene:

Yes- a lot of text styles due to cleaning out CHIEF defaults and defining my own. Work in progress...Thanks for the advice.

Regarding your suggestion:

1. Text size should match the scale of the drawing output to Layout... Correct? (E.G. 1/4" text style for 1/4" drawing scale). Been doing this for a while with CAD and that's the formula

2  I have corrected the scale of the layout box to match the scale of the Schedule text style- No change

3. I have checked that my schedule properties: Line Style= Correct layer; Text Style=Use layer for properties; Labels= Use Callout for label + Callout size= Calculate from text

with these properties verified, even in the CAD detail Schedule the Label Numbers are larger than the text...This is where the snafu is happening, I believe

OR What are the Label Callouts doing to the Text Style to enlarge the text to fill the Callout shape when it is the same as the text body of the note as defined by the the layer text style

My Goal: to have Note text at 3/32" and Label Callouts at 1/8" printed across all scales. I believe I understand how to do this in text style setup. 

I appreciate your time and response. Peace