Room Dimensions Inconsistent

KarenLF

Hello,

When I define a room and a label is added to the space with dimensions, those dimensions do not match the interior dimensions that I drew the room at.  I have my defaults set to Framing.  In the picture below, you can see that the room dimension is 16' but the label is calling it 15'-11".  Please advise.

LIVING ROOM.png

17 minutes ago, KarenLF said:

Hello,

When I define a room and a label is added to the space with dimensions, those dimensions do not match the interior dimensions that I drew the room at.  I have my defaults set to Framing.  In the picture below, you can see that the room dimension is 16' but the label is calling it 15'-11".  Please advise.

LIVING ROOM.png

The label is referencing the drywall layer, 1/2" each side. It drives me nuts.

42 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

I personally never found room dimensions to be useful at all under any circumstances. Dimension the rooms. What happens when you have an L shaped room...it's just not useful in my opinion.

i find it useful for initially drawing bedrooms and bathrooms. Always know a bathroom must be 4'11

4 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I personally never found room dimensions to be useful at all under any circumstances. Dimension the rooms. What happens when you have an L shaped room...it's just not useful in my opinion.

The room dimensions are what real estate companies are looking for when they post floor plans to listing ads.  I do floor plans without dimensions for this purpose for some of my building clients.

• Upvote 1