"internal rendering" crash happening again

johnny

Very odd since i haven't run into this in some time and now its happening regularly.  I updated my video drivers to the most recent, and right now I'm on a laptop with an RTX 3080 so it can't have anything really to do with the contents of Chief's official article on the matter.

Troubleshooting 3D Camera View Display Problems in Chief Architect

Has anyone been experiencing this lately?  Like I said, it just kind popped back into existence for me.

I had the same problem yesterday (with both the December & January driver). As per tech support's advice, I went back to the November driver which solved the problem. I was told by tech support that they are working with NVIDIA to resolve the problem in a future driver.

• Upvote 1

I had been getting an “internal rendering error” frequently on my 3070TI laptop.  It was solved by 1) using the mid November 2022 NVIDIA “studio” driver*, and 2) what most likely was the issue: right click on the Chief Architect icon and “run as administrator”, close the program, relaunch it normally.

*NVIDIA has a known bug that they are working on to resolve the issue with Chief Architect.  It’s recommended, if you are seeing issues, that you  use the mid-November (526.98) release until they get a fix.

6 hours ago, scottharris said:

what most likely was the issue: right click on the Chief Architect icon and “run as administrator”, close the program, relaunch it normally.

Thanks for the tip Scott! I'll give this a try and see if this helps to reduce the number of crashes I'm experiencing.

41 minutes ago, BillsburgChief said:

How can I find the November driver 526.98?  I only see the latest one 528.02 on the Nvidia website.

On my thread here :   https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16205-nvidia-drivers-updated/?do=findComment&comment=281778

Or use Nvidia's Advanced Driver Download page here : https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

M.

3 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

My question is if sometimes updates to your card cause crashes what is the harm of never updating and leaving well enough alone? I am so far behind on updates for my 3080.

The harm would be in NEVER updating, unless you never update Chief, I suppose. Or any other program that may need instructions from your graphic drivers, for that matter.

Because changes to the software may require newer instructions from the drivers, it's generally a good idea that whenever the software is updated, your drivers are as well.  This is why most techies/gamers just recommend to update drivers as often as possible (maybe staying 1 version back), just to make sure all your various programs will continue to work along with wildly varying update schedules.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MauiDave said:

Does anybody know if the RTX3080 Driver issue has been resolved yet?

It wasn't a 3080 Issue , it was a general Nvidia Driver Issue but Chief has confirmed it has been resolved with Driver 528.24

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16205-nvidia-driver-updates/?do=findComment&comment=287470

M.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...