pdf. FILES NOT SHOWING ON LAYOUT

RobertGHess

Previously transferred pdf. files to layout not showing up. I can hit area where they were on layout sheet and the outline shows up but the actual pdf. won't show up. Any help appreciated....also happening to my Arch. Stamp that I had in there - a major issue.

In layout, select the viewport outline.  Open the layers property on the edit toolbar that pops up.  Be sure the layer the PDFs are on is set to display.

Or you can do a search for PDF not displaying and see if you find an answer.

Sounds like you have changed the location of where you stored those, or you are using a different computer to finish up a project. You simply need to relink those and your good. This happens when I am working on a project in the office but come home and work on it with my laptop. Your post sounds like you are panicking a bit, but it's all still there, just needs re-linked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joey_martin said:

Sounds like you have changed the location of where you stored those, or you are using a different computer to finish up a project. You simply need to relink those and your good. This happens when I am working on a project in the office but come home and work on it with my laptop. Your post sounds like you are panicking a bit, but it's all still there, just needs re-linked.

Yup most likely what Joey is mentioning.  Good practice is to have a "linked files" type folder within your plan folders that you save any pdf and or png/jpg files you are using in your plan or layout files.  It keeps them all together and is less problematic.

Maureen or Joey probably have it , but for things like you Stamp , you can also Open the PDF Box's DBX and check the Box "Save in Plan"  ( do this in your Templates too )  so if you are on a new computer or the "network" is down or something those don't disappear.

M.

• Like 1