Some siding not showing

Jake1976

Anyone ever seen this before? It's happened a few times in this model.  I can't pin it down to any action that I've taken.  Seems to come back after a while, but then gone again.  I mean, I like the look of a project under construction, but this is really odd. 

Screenshot 2023-01-01 120451.png

25 minutes ago, Jake1976 said:

Anyone ever seen this before? It's happened a few times in this model.  I can't pin it down to any action that I've taken.  Seems to come back after a while, but then gone again.  I mean, I like the look of a project under construction, but this is really odd. 

Screenshot 2023-01-01 120451.png

Not without the plan file.  Too many variables and possibilities.  My guess would be your wall definition is not setup correctly.

@Jake1976 - I've opened and closed your file a number of times...the siding always appears. Not seeing your problem....sorry. 

2023-01-02_13-00-07.thumb.png.eed49b867ee4182692267e72d8ab69e5.png

There are quite a few things you should address however; 

- I'm assuming the outdoor rooms are decks? 

- along the long sides of the house...the roof baselines do not align directly above the outside surface of your main layer. Maybe this is on purpose? However, this creates a clipped ceiling inside the house. 

- You need to turn soffits on in the roof dialogue, structure tab. 

See attached screen clip; 

2023-01-02_12-53-17.thumb.png.ae106afcdb89c8e4a22929532eac110d.png

The problem is likely because of your wall definition.  Your Siding-4, Exist Wall Type has the siding layer defined as Framing.  Depending on whether or not you've built framing and whether or not you have framing displayed in that particular layer set, you may or may not see any siding.

• Upvote 1