Exterior Door Sills

Adam_Gibson

The way I do it is to use a p-solid, but you have to "fudge" the door height so the CA door sill doesn't show. For years many have been asking CA to have more control over both door and window sills. I've been asking since version 10 (2006), but I know it was being asked for before that.Whenever a new version comes out the first thing I look at is to see if or what improvements were made to doors and windows. Then I think---maybe next year. For now the best "I" can tell you is to make it look as good as you can in render/vector view and then adjust what you have too in a cad detail cross section if you need to really explain what you want. After that go to Suggestions and ask for more control with door and window sills. I've been told in round about way that CA the "squeaky wheel gets greased". SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK! :)

• 3 years later...

The whole exterior door frame and door sill has a few issues. 

I can never get the exterior door jams to look right, all kinds of z-fighting and color blending in from the interior. 

Door sill as you mention is a work around with p-solids. 

I really wish we could cut a cross section of an exterior door and then individually select the sill and shape it. 

• Upvote 1

Even as a hobby user I find the door frame and sill issues annoying. 

Also the lack of inset control which I didn't find an easy workaround for (makes modelling UK style construction very difficult).  I did try playing around with using tiny sections of a different wall type but it got very messy to maintain especially with working around a visible wall cavity in some cases.