Can lights/sun be on same time? (PBR)

johnny

19 minutes ago, johnny said:

i guess i don't understand why turning on the sun seems to automatically turn off the lights i've placed.

Unfortunately I think that is all hard coded Johnny.  Which makes it really difficult to set up a nice dusk or dawn rendering.  I had to go to the trouble of replacing the lightbulb material in my fixtures for a sunset rendering I did but I think you actually want some fill light ?  You may be able to turn the sun off and replace it with a manual light source even though that really should not be necessary.  I think the other option is to somehow trick the program to think the exterior rooms are interior rooms but that would most likely be a headache.

2 hours ago, johnny said:

but i can't find a setting that keeps the sun on and allows me to show the lights

It shouldn't be an Issue as far as I know , but one thing I have found especially with Exteriors, is it's best NOT to use the AUTOMATIC (Default) Light Set.

Make your Own Light Set  and Only have On the Lighting needed , as you may have also exceeded your Number of lights Limit if  ALL the interior Lights are still on too. ( 20 by Default Limit , I set 200-300 in my Template )

image.thumb.png.2e3205fb76aef46a66a37ff91d3415ba.png  image.thumb.png.baea72d6a6a9af0250e1b68c7e4de4ed.png

M.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

It shouldn't be an Issue as far as I know , but one thing I have found especially with Exteriors, is it's best NOT to use the AUTOMATIC (Default) Light Set.

Very interesting as I don't think it has always been that way but seems to work now in X14. :)

5 hours ago, johnny said:

i don't understand why turning on the sun seems to automatically turn off the lights

Very likely that is not what is happening more likely the sun and or backdrop are overriding the lights.

Tilt your camera and you may see that they are on.

First two images have same light set and settings- Sun is at 10 and backdrop is at 100. Note that the lights are on.

Bottom image has both sun and backdrop at 10. Can see lights and still see sun shadows.

249317959_lightsandsun.thumb.jpg.d0cfe574d530ddc01b38edd16f6e93b9.jpg