Electrical symbols in schedule

BlackDiamond

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Hi,

I'm trying to update my electrical schedule with all the fixtures I'm using on a plan. Some of the electrical symbols require a wall to be able to be placed on the plan.

How can I get a copy of the symbol to place in my schedule without having to add a wall to do it?

Thanks

• Solution

You could go through the "open symbol" dialog and change an outlet from being "wall mounted" to being "floor mounted".  You could also put it on a fake wall and mark the wall as invisible.

But why not just use electrical schedule with the actual outlets that are in the plan?

15 minutes ago, BlackDiamond said:

How can I get a copy of the symbol to place in my schedule without having to add a wall to do it?

In the Library , Chief has a "Electrical Legend"  which is just a CAD Block , which you can explode if needed for the CAD Symbols ( or Alter as needed.)

image.thumb.png.35af9e33ce8e4dfce0a12970055db6fe.png    image.thumb.png.c2b373dcb8be36b97016dd64362a2a1e.png

M.

30 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

You could go through the "open symbol" dialog and change an outlet from being "wall mounted" to being "floor mounted".  You could also put it on a fake wall and mark the wall as invisible.

But why not just use electrical schedule with the actual outlets that are in the plan?

I apologize... I used the wrong terminology. I am creating an electrical 'legend' and need to add the fixtures. Editing the symbol and changing it to floor mounted worked. I guess I've never edited a symbol before and was opening the 'object' not 'symbol' so couldn't find placement options. 

Thank you

22 minutes ago, BlackDiamond said:

I am creating an electrical 'legend' and need to add the fixtures

Another Option then is to "insert" the Block , from those already used in the Plan from

CAD > Cad Block Management > (select fixture) >Insert > Click in plan to place the block.

image.thumb.png.ba8adbfc9315a8d2c2f3034608f30d8b.png

M.

23 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Another Option then is to "insert" the Block , from those already used in the Plan from

CAD > Cad Block Management > (select fixture) >Insert > Click in plan to place the block.

image.thumb.png.ba8adbfc9315a8d2c2f3034608f30d8b.png

M.

That works like a charm! I've been using CA for almost 10 years and still learn new things. Or maybe I knew them and forgot them?!?! 

Thanks again.