How to Offset a Dishwasher in Base Cabinet?

DHerb2014

I have tried everything in the book in an attempt to offset a Thermador or any dishwasher from a base cabinet. Usually, you can just "tab" over after selecting an object and it will allow you to select "next". Mine won't for some reason.

Could you give me an idea on how to do this? See attachment with actual photo and my dilemma

Thanks

Dishwasher Center Only.jpg

When a dishwasher is placed in a cabinet, the whole cabinet becomes the appliance.

For the look you show in your photos, you would need to place three individual cabinets.  One 42" sink base, one 24" cabinet for the dishwasher, and one 18" 3Drawer.

Although I'm not familiar with what you're trying to accomplish using one cabinet, in order to offset the appliance you'll need to adjust the whole cabinet that is acting like an object...  Because of how chief adds the appliance centered in the cabinet, you'll have to do some finagling to get it to look closed off, and unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get the 2D plan to replicate the change we've just made.

I would also like to point out that even though you've offset the appliance, you can't 'split' the cabinet face to add items beside it...

First, just to be perfectly clear, I would not do it this way.  I would build the dishwasher in one cabinet and then put a drawer bank cabinet next to it.  Easy peasy.

That said, it is easier to put a dishwasher and drawer bank into a single cabinet than what Adam is showing above.  You don't need to mess around with the symbol at all.  All you need to do is to split the whole front face by clicking on the top level "vertical layout parent" and use the "split vertical" button.  This will give you two side-by-side dishwashers and then you can replace one of them with a drawer and then modify the face as needed.  It will even look reasonably correct in plan view.

dishwasher with drawer bank.png

• Upvote 3