3d Plants - shader

DeLayDesign

Hey experts.

I've lived in the past for too long, and the limitations with the PBR when it comes to 2D image plant files and a little free time has me trying to play around with the 3D Plant assets.

That being said, I'm not a fan of how 'bright' some of the plants look when hit by sunlight, but nothing I do to adjust how they appear seems to make any difference.  I notice that our plant files don't actually use Normal and Ambient Occlusion with limits the 'realism', but going into the material properties and choosing 'matte' and adjusting the diffuse to 10, 20, or 30% doesn't actually do anything to the image file that makes up the 3D plant.  At least not that I can tell.

Am I missing something - do you have any tips or tricks to make Chief's 3D plants works a little better, or should I just move on to the 3D marketplace and bring in new assets?

4 hours ago, robdyck said:

BTW I need a bigger monitor because of your signature! :lol:

-----------

Because I have two 27" monitors or because my signature is obnoxiously huge and I don't know it? ha ha!

Either way, UPGRADE ;)

I haven't tried painting them another color, but I suppose I could try that.  I still want the plants to look like plants, just not washing out like they look sometimes with sun properties.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 8:42 PM, DeLayDesign said:

-----------

Because I have two 27" monitors or because my signature is obnoxiously huge and I don't know it? ha ha!

Either way, UPGRADE ;)

I haven't tried painting them another color, but I suppose I could try that.  I still want the plants to look like plants, just not washing out like they look sometimes with sun properties.

Adam,

You should check out Rene' Rabbit's youtube video's on that subject of AO and lighting. It is not very intuitive unless you've cut your teeth on that stuff.  He's been able to make his PB'rs sing before he exports them to Twin Motion.  You'll find it very helpful.