Floorplan not fitting on layout

heidistokoe

Hello,

I am working on sending my floorplan to layout and the town i'm in requires a minimum 1/4" + 1'0" but when I use those specifications it doesnt fit properly on my layout.. and i'm using 24x36 paper which I believe is the standard size everyone does layouts on. Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Heidi

Chief Architect X10

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 4.33.07 PM.png

1 hour ago, heidistokoe said:

@misterwiley Ok I was able to do that but now all my text and dimensions are messed up?

X10 huh...

Open Defaults Settings> Text, Callouts and Markers> Text Styles, select Room Label Style press Edit and make sure Rotate with Plan is checked.

Without that checked, text will always be relative to the screen, not the plan view/layout box.

2 hours ago, heidistokoe said:

Also, How did they get all their information on the bottom of this layout as mine is on the right hand side? I think it looks much better on the bottom. Any Idea? @misterwiley

182378226_ScreenShot2022-12-15at4_54_43PM.thumb.png.0b45c4ecc9078dd0c5c3d0f5277ebf77.png

This is an unusual look AFAIK, and would make your pages even narrower ...

However you can move it all no problem , everything is on the  Page 0 - it's all just CAD and text boxes and populates to every page,  So Don't put anything on page 0 (zero) you don't want on EVERY page.

P.S. you could also ask your local Jurisdiction , what other Page Sizes they accept, some accept Arch E for instance for large Projects.

M.

Create a Layout Template with the Border, Title Block, etc on page 0.  You can make your own arrangement & Title Block Content.

A Layout can actually have several "Template Pages" and any Layout Page can use any of those as a basis for what is displayed as the background.  But all sheets in a Layout have to be the same size.

You can use any standard page size for a Layout.  24x36 is Arch-D but there are many other sizes available and you can even define custom sizes.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

1630479672_ScreenShot2023-01-18at9_54_02PM.thumb.png.7b4a6384d79e0d74a4fb30a47fd04c2b.pngThanks everyone, I have been watching layout videos and have learned about the 0 page master, I have rotated my plan 90 degrees counterclockwise and my page titles and dimensions rotate with it, however, they stack on top of each other I tried @TeaTime's idea but it rotated them perpendicular to the room labels, now i'm just trying to not have them show up directly on top of each other. 

Thank you!

Print it to Arch E size.  No problems at that size.

Get your printing done at blueprintsprinting.com.  $2.28 a page on 20# paper for 36 x 48 sheets.

Or send it to layout at 3/16" = 1'-0".  Works for me all the time.  My plans get used for building and the only thing I show in plan view as far as furniture and accessories go, other than cabinets and showerheads in bathrooms, are simple 2D CAD outlines for beds in bedrooms.  Oh, and for walls, all walls, just main layer only.

Kitchens and baths at 1/2" = 1'-0" on the K&B pages, of course.

11 hours ago, heidistokoe said:

now i'm just trying to not have them show up directly on top of each other. 

Oh, if I'm not mistaken this is an issue with older versions that was fixed some versions back. it's specifically Room Labels and their "Area" labels.

If you hide the "Rooms, Interior Dimensions" layer you'll at least be able to read your room names...