Is anyone else having issues with a graphics card warning?

DeLayDesign

On 12/18/2022 at 7:43 PM, josecarlos said:

I don't know if this issue is related to multi monitor setup

There is a known issue with multi-monitor setups IF the computer uses Nahimic's 3D Sound, as it thinks Chief is a 3D game and tries to enable the 3D sound and of course Chief doesn't have sound, which can cause crashes, I had this issue myself but I have not seen it reported recently.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/28384-multi-monitor-issue-fix-for-computers-with-nahimic-audio/?tab=comments#comment-226782

and

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/31335-known-incompatibilities-with chief-architect-software/?tab=comments#comment-260441

M.

I've been having the same problem with my Intel UHD Graphics 630 card.  Just checked the latest update and it was dated Sept 5, 2020.  So, with updating to the most recent of Aug 24, 2022 the problem seems fixed ... so far.  The first trials with the materials and colors pallets seems to indicate the problem is gone now.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having the same issue as the original OP and recently updated to 528.02 and it still freezes the screen with the same message as the op and crashes when you say ok. I switched from gaming to studio and it still crashes when panning or rotating the view with my left mouse button. This all occurs on my office laptop system. I can't run x14 on home cpu because I still have windows 7 and never upgraded to 10.

6 hours ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

recently updated to 528.02

You need 526.86 or 526.98  as recommended by CA   ......all Drivers after 526.98 have issues CA is working with Nvidia on.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16205-nvidia-drivers-updated/?do=findComment&comment=281778

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 526.98 11/16/22 Studio driver is the latest driver that is approved to be used, the later drivers have an issue, we are working with Nvidia to resolve this issue.

Ed Schafer

SW Testing Manager

Chief Architect Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M.

Just an Update re 526.86 

today I am back in a Plan started in an X12 Template and it is crashing with M-Size Errors 

for me this is typical -----  in pure X14 plans on 526.86 eg last week no issues at all.

*just about all my crashes are related to old Plans brought forward.

Mick.

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

You need 526.86 or 526.98  as recommended by CA   ......all Drivers after 526.98 have issues CA is working with Nvidia on.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16205-nvidia-drivers-updated/?do=findComment&comment=281778

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 526.98 11/16/22 Studio driver is the latest driver that is approved to be used, the later drivers have an issue, we are working with Nvidia to resolve this issue.

Ed Schafer

SW Testing Manager

Chief Architect Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M.

Thanks, the only time I crash is when moving around in a 3d view. Mostly in a 3d perspective framing view it seems. My co-worker has the same laptop & operating system but hasn't crashed yet.

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Just an Update re 526.86 

today I am back in a Plan started in an X12 Template and it is crashing with M-Size Errors 

for me this is typical -----  in pure X14 plans on 526.86 eg last week no issues at all.

*just about all my crashes are related to old Plans brought forward.

Mick.

Still happening in 526.98 as well , and this Driver is the suggested one to Use......

image.thumb.png.f2b54fd63b607836b6288f081493a135.png  followed by  image.thumb.png.ef9234c4c047bb46f2956c013ed7afee.png

and then  a replay of both at least once or twice more, then it crashes either to Desktop ( no save ) or is just locked up till I have to end it....

* this is in Elevation , however there is a Camera Open in another Tab too.

Any comment Ed?     @Chief_QA

M.

Yah ! beautiful another RED smartie for asking if Ben had any more info  from Nvidia about this ongoing Issue....

It would see Auto Save isn't working properly either , the Layout hasn't been saved since 11.05 this AM  ( now 4.25pm )  and neither the PP Plan or AB Plans have been saved since 3.53pm even though it set for 5 mins along with a hourly archive.

M

image.thumb.png.eac17aa978b22890d4c604c136f3f604.png   image.thumb.png.a179ffb7c5a2ba0074b0be09ba31d939.png

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Chief_QA said:

Since you have been installing many different versions of drivers, I would start with a clean install of 526.98 if you haven't done that already and see what that gets you.

I always do a Clean Install through the Driver Installer, ( I don't use Geforce Experience) though I  have not  done a full DDU uninstall if that is what you are referring too?

As mentioned only happening in Plans started in X12.  

Any idea why the Auto-save appears to not be working , lost over an Hr today now with this 3rd crash.

Thanks.

M. 

*  I worked the rest of the Day with no 3D cameras left open while working in other views and had no crashes

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I always do a Clean Install through the Driver Installer, ( I don't use Geforce Experience) though I  have not  done a full DDU uninstall if that is what you are referring too?

As mentioned only happening in Plans started in X12.  

Any idea why the Auto-save appears to not be working , lost over an Hr today now with this 3rd crash. You might want to go old school and manually save on a regular basis. I have been trying to remember to save before opening a 3d perspective framing view which is where it's been happening the most. I have only crashed in 3d Perspective views as I don't really use the 3d iso views.  I do however wish that Chief's 3d Perspective Framing View Tool would work like a Regular 3d Perspective Camera View and allow the user to drag and aim the camera instead of creating a view similar to the Isometric View behavior showing the entire model. Would be especially handy for taking interior framing views. I've never understood that idiosyncratic difference of function.

Thanks.

M. 

*  I worked the rest of the Day with no 3D cameras left open while working in other views and had no crashes

I'm crashing several times a day on an x14 drawing and it occurs in 3d views while I'm zooming and panning with my mouse. My co-worker just tried it with one of his plans and it crashed  as soon as he moved his mouse in the 3d view. He closed the drawing and reopened and he couldn't make it crash. We are both using the latest Nvidia driver update. Everytime I crash, I'm getting the option to open up a saved version that is more recent message. I'm going to try to roll back to 526.98 and see what happens.

ll happening in 526.98 as well , and this Driver is the suggested one to Use......

image.thumb.png.f2b54fd63b607836b6288f081493a135.png  followed by  image.thumb.png.ef9234c4c047bb46f2956c013ed7afee.png

and then  a replay of both at least once or twice more, then it crashes either to Desktop ( no save ) or is just locked up till I have to end it....

* this is in Elevation , however there is a Camera Open in another Tab too.

This error is not related to the error in the original post and is unlikely to be resolved by any changes to your drivers. In almost all cases when we have seen this error it is reproducible when following a specific set of steps.  The error normally is displayed when closing 3D views, but is likely caused by something done while in the view.  Please contact technical support with the steps you are taking when you see this error.  Please include the plan file and any saved cameras that you were using as the camera settings could also have an effect.  You may also want to start a separate thread about this since as I mentioned this is a different error and not related to the message the original poster asked about.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, BrianBeck said:

Please contact technical support with the steps you are taking when you see this error.  Please include the plan file and any saved cameras that you were using as the camera settings could also have an effect. 

Be happy too if I can find a set of reproducible steps, though I know in all cases it wasn't when I closed a Window. It usually repeats 3 times and if it happens a 4th then it is usually hard locked and doesn't CTD like when it repeats 2 or 3 times.

M.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

I just today rolled back my most latest driver (the most recent one) that was crashing and rolled-back to the 526.98 Nvidia Studio Driver. Now no crashes!

DJP

So, now we have two identical corroborations. Will assume that Chief is hashing this out while testing x15. Do we have a site on Chief that lists and links things that would help in these instances?

2 hours ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

So, now we have two identical corroborations. Will assume that Chief is hashing this out while testing x15. Do we have a site on Chief that lists and links things that would help in these instances?

This is a Known Issue , and according to  Ed Schafer ( Chief Developer ) Chief is working with Nvidia to find the Problem as it happens with all Drivers after 526.98

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16205-nvidia-drivers-updated/?do=findComment&comment=285783

(Scroll up in the thread above for Driver links)

There is a Known Incompatibilities Page  but it currently doesn't list this Issue on last check here :

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/known-incompatibilities.html

There is also my own thread on incompatibilities, and it does, not sure how many have seen it though :)   ...over here: 

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/31335-known-incompatibilities-with chief-architect-software/

M.

9 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

This is a Known Issue , and according to  Ed Schafer ( Chief Developer ) Chief is working with Nvidia to find the Problem as it happens with all Drivers after 526.98

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16205-nvidia-drivers-updated/?do=findComment&comment=285783

(Scroll up in the thread above for Driver links)

There is a Known Incompatibilities Page  but it currently doesn't list this Issue on last check here :

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/known-incompatibilities.html

There is also my own thread on incompatibilities, and it does, not sure how many have seen it though :)   ...over here: 

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/31335-known-incompatibilities-with chief-architect-software/

M.

Thanks, the only reason that mine is fixed is because you posted the link on this thread and I finally reloaded the  526.98 driver that removed the latest driver automatically in the process. I did not proactively remove the latest driver prior to re-loading the 526.98 driver.

2 minutes ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

the only reason that mine is fixed is because you posted the link on this thread

I try to keep my Thread on Nvidia Drivers Updated , at least to Versions known to me to be good with Chief , which as in this case is not always Nvidia's latest.

M.