Is anyone else having issues with a graphics card warning?

DeLayDesign

I've been using Nvidia Driver 526.86 GR for the last few weeks with no issues, these Errors/crashes for me were usually in Old plans from X11/12 brought forward.

I actually just installed 527.37 today, but I have not used Chief yet. There are supposed to be performance increases in some programs in versions above 522.xx, ( the 525.xx series was not good though for me), so I will keep an eye on this thread and report back if I go back to 526.86.

Mick.

• Upvote 1

I ran 527.37 GR Driver all today without any Issues but that was in "pure X14" Templates on a new project. So I'm not sure if Older Plans may be related to the issues for some, which was my own past experience.

Have not tried 527.56 yet myself , but 526.86 was also good for me.

M.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GaryOhmer said:

527.56 crashed on me so I went back to 522.25 and it also crashes - seems all of the drivers are crap

522.25 was a bad driver for many ( all 522.xx actually) , did you try 526.86 ? or 526.96    ( both okay here on new plans anyway)

I think before the 526.xx series I was using 516.94 from August.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

M.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GaryOhmer said:

527.56 crashed on me so I went back to 522.25 and it also crashes - seems all of the drivers are crap

You should contact tech support, there may be a setting that fixes it or if we can reproduce the issue then we have a better chance of fixing it.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Chief_QA said:

Can you try and rollback to the 526.98 Nvidia Studio Driver and see if that fixes the error?

Funny, I got down-voted for suggesting that above.....

38 minutes ago, DeLayDesign said:

@ChiefArchitect

This is new... The software then crashes. 

You still haven't said if this is an old plan brought forward from X11 or X12 for instance?  that is when I used to have random Crashes.

M.

Just hit me again on 527.37........  chief was lagging in the Library , I noticed PBR View was being used in the Preview and turned it off, and several minutes later it CTD ( crashed to desktop )  and disappeared with no save possible, and so I've lost about 10mins work since the last Auto- Backup. 

And as previously it is in a Plan started in an earlier Version  ( Canvas uses X12 ) , not sure if it related , but seems a common theme for me.

image.thumb.png.af729c838ba37180c9a0e48036891f2a.png

M.

It started about 2 weeks ago the same message attached and same as Kbird1.  This morning I took the time to uninstall the NVIDIA driver 527.56 as well as the GeForce experience stuff they force you to install as pare of the express graphics driver installation.  I did the uninstall through control panel and literally removed everything NVIDIA.  I then found the correct driver at https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us  for my laptop using the choices dated 11/16/2022 which is the 526.98 Nvidia Studio Driver, which again Kbird1 suggested earlier. Upvote for that!  I installed it with a clean install which is the check box when you choose manual install instead of express.  Again, it will not let you uncheck the GeForce experience program, so I installed with that...  All NVIDIA programs were reinstalled, except now with the driver from 11/16/2022 for studio (not gaming).  See attached screen of my preferences.

THIS WORKED!  Yes, ghosts in the machine would like you to believe they are still not there until you have to get something out the door and they they come back, but 2.5 hours of work this morning and not a single problem with it crashing.  Also, two weeks ago, I set my auto save to every 3 minutes..  What I am working on does not require nearly the memory that most of you require, so this precaution works for me...

I do hope this helps anyone having this issue (or maybe others if they started about 2 weeks ago), but I would roll back to this driver if you have not already done so and see if it does not stabilize the graphics driver.  Again, this is in relation to the specific message attached, which is the same as Kbird1s'.

Screenshot 2022-12-16 160721.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-17 095805.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KPOConnor said:

This morning I took the time to uninstall the NVIDIA driver 527.56

Hi Kevin , thanks for the write-up I am sure it will help others , I also have a thread here I update with known good Drivers for Chief if you or others need to check on what maybe a better Driver is you are having Issues here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/16205-nvidia-drivers-updated/

Are you aware of DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)?  it is free and made by Wagnardsoft ( I advise only downloading from their Site) and it not only uninstalls both Nvidia and AMD GPU Drivers completely, but also Intel's now, along with Audio Drivers as well. It's been around for many years, and is the defacto Uninstaller for weird display Driver issues, so you can get a "Fresh Start".

DDU Ver. 18.0.5.9 was just released earlier this week ..............

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/Display-Driver-Uninstaller-DDU-V18059-Released

DDU Tutorial:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/DDU-Guide-Tutorial

DDU Downloads come out of their Forum here : https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4224

Mick.

• Like 1

I have the same Issue and I just disable GPU Ray Tracing as the recommendation on known-incompatibilities from Chief Architect on Intel Arc Graphics (no problem so far).

This Issue seems to be happened before:

Known Incompatibilities with Chief Architect Software - Windows 11 with NVIDIA 30 Series Graphics.

I do use other software for rendering and no related issue with nvidia driver or Ray Tracing.

If you don't need the GPU raytracing that is an Option, but should not be necessary looking at your system specs,

This issue has been happening with certain Nvidia Drivers since X13 though.

so far , since back on Nvidia Driver 526.86 it has been fine

M.