foundation wall shifting

Jambruins

Attached is my plan.

I am trying to get a set of stairs to the basement in the garage.  When I do it shifts the foundation wall slightly so it is not in line with the rest of the wall.

This is also happening on the back side of the house along the kitchen wall where there is a porch.

Any idea what is happening and how I fix it?  

I would like to keep auto foundation on if possible. 

house.zip

29 minutes ago, Jambruins said:

Attached is my plan.

I am trying to get a set of stairs to the basement in the garage.  When I do it shifts the foundation wall slightly so it is not in line with the rest of the wall.

This is also happening on the back side of the house along the kitchen wall where there is a porch.

Any idea what is happening and how I fix it?  

I would like to keep auto foundation on if possible. 

house.zip 3.24 MB · 1 download

Make sure the "exterior" sides of the walls are aligned between the two walls.  If one is reversed then depending on your wall definition it may not align properly even when using align wall tool.

17 minutes ago, Jambruins said:

On my first floor plan the wall is continuous so the exterior side of the wall is the same.

How about your foundation wall?  Did you draw it in a clockwise order so that the exterior of the wall is facing out like your exterior wall above?

Never Mind I just opened your plan and they are just not aligned.

image.thumb.png.9de8925de24777809d2384f4cddabf14.png

You see that blue line with the black arrow facing up in the edit toolbar in my picture?  That is the "align with wall above" tool.  Do that and it will fix your issue.

For the garage, I tried reversing the wall, no difference

when the stairwell is set to open to below, it is altering the basement wall. Not that that helps. but it is a clue to the behaviour. If that stairwell is set to garage, you get no foundation walls for the stairwell but the house foundation wall is then correct. Of course that would only introduce other problems so I am not suggesting doing that.

If I set the laundry room to open to below, it does not shift that wall..so my guess is something about being in the garage

The only way I found to fix is to turn off the auto build foundation and then move the basement wall to align, similar to Ryan's suggestion

@rgardner I believe your fix for the other stairwell will also turn off the auto build

The OP wanted to keep auto build on ...not sure that is possible

1 hour ago, Jambruins said:

I know I can just move the foundation wall manually but I would like to get auto foundation on so if I end up changing something on the 1st floor my foundation will auto update. 

It has to do with the room divider you are using to delineate your kitchen and dining areas.  It is making Chief not know how to handle that case.  But Since you are trying to accomplish this:

image.thumb.png.11c793ee1c03bf341e24fd10fa17f4df.png

Set your Porch room above to have the floor provided by the room below.

image.thumb.png.0bd048f147cd4b7bafb60660b24a4d5a.png

And your slab to build on top of the foundation stem wall:

image.thumb.png.71659e362458a666e363d8415ddb31d5.png

and you get this result:

image.thumb.png.a61f1ae92e41d6f5244970f02c38b6c7.pngimage.thumb.png.2f9e7a107a48a114f2a7c2cbada74390.png

All auto build.