3D 2D and 3D Modeling

stager386

I use Chief to create a 3D Model of the project I have been hired to create. Once approved by the client, I then use that model to create the 2D construction plans, and also to create the renderings

I'm sure that is a very simplified version of what you are asking. I do have occasionally have a client that has worked with his/her architect on a project and they hire me to model it in Chief so that they can then use that model on their end, or have me create some renderings. I also have a couple architect clients that prefer not handle the drafting of the construction plans for projects they have created, so they hire me to produce those plans....2D services....and the modeling is simply a by-product of what I need to produce the plans for them. 

That help?

You know, I created this image on a lark but ever

since we have been having a spirited debate as

to just what exactly it is. 

Is this an example of 2D 3D? Or is it 3D 2D?

Is it a 2D rendering or a 3D rendering. Emogi-3s.png.6cfb9405bfdfb7138eb17b7efd4b510c.png

Sorry, somehow this seemed germane to this topic. :rolleyes:

H4S.thumb.png.24d1e44f2ed8d30bf156d2d7cd090f7e.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/3/2022 at 4:36 AM, Rich_Winsor said:

You know, I created this image on a lark but ever

since we have been having a spirited debate as

to just what exactly it is. 

Is this an example of 2D 3D? Or is it 3D 2D?

Is it a 2D rendering or a 3D rendering. Emogi-3s.png.6cfb9405bfdfb7138eb17b7efd4b510c.png

Sorry, somehow this seemed germane to this topic. :rolleyes:

H4S.thumb.png.24d1e44f2ed8d30bf156d2d7cd090f7e.png

I love your question, because it illustrates what I am confused about!

2D = flat lines, fills to graphically communicate a 3D concept to others

3D= a virtual object to emulate a real or intended, conceptual representation of an intended "REAL" or actual project or construct.

Both are virtual graphic representation of new constructs or objects communicated without having actually just building or creating something in fact.

A good 2D and 3D graphic communication can help investors and clients whether or not their money should  or should not be spent in a larger sense.

That is why Architectural drafting and 3D modeling is a needed and wanted skill.

DJP

7 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

2D = flat lines, fills to graphically communicate a 3D concept to others

3D= a virtual object to emulate a real or intended, conceptual representation of an intended "REAL" or actual project or construct.

Both are virtual graphic representation of new constructs or objects communicated without having actually just building or creating something in fact.

A good 2D and 3D graphic communication can help investors and clients whether or not their money should  or should not be spent in a larger sense.

That is why Architectural drafting and 3D modeling is a needed and wanted skill.

DJP

Thanks. I am just trying to accurately define my services. Can modeling be static? I am not offering video walkthroughs and I'm not rotating the structure around and around as part of a presentation to a client.  Everything I do ranges from simple flat floorplans and layout documents, to photo-realistic renderings with lighting and environment.  So what would you call those types of services?

Anything I do that helps others visualize or accept in detail a proposed Architectural project is a service a help to another or others. I occasionally do animations of such virtual constructs but as I said, they are all services. My clients define what products they want  and I produce them.

DJP

5 hours ago, stager386 said:

Everything I do ranges from simple flat floorplans and layout documents, to photo-realistic renderings with lighting and environment.  So what would you call those types of services?

I call floor plans and elevations "floor plans and elevations" and call renderings (3d) "renderings" or "3D renderings". CA's 3D model is just the means to produce those plans and renderings

I use the phrase "Regulatory compliant plans" to note that I will stand by my services until they pass the jurisdiction's regulatory approval. ... just a tidbit on how to sell more :)