Polyline Solid Hole

RobUSMC

In the past after Ive drawn a polyline solid on a wall like for wall tile in a shower I just drew another polyline solid on top of it, opened it and selected "Hole in polyline" to cut out for a window.  Im using X-14 for the first time trying to do the same and when I open the second PS there is no box to check to select its a hole.  I looked in the user manual and it states the way I was doing it was correct as its always been.  See attached from X-12 and now X-14.  Can someone tell me where the check box is now located to convert it to a hole?  Thanks

Screenshot 2022-11-25 162219.png

Screenshot 2022-11-25 162748.png

Part of the problem is that back in X12 we actually had Polyline Solids.  We no longer have Polyline Solids.  What we have are simply Solids.  You need to create a hole in a Solid.  We have at least a few options:

1.  Draw a plain Polyline where you want your hole, click Convert Polyline, and select 3D Solid Hole

2.  Draw a plain Polyline where you want your hole, select your Solid, click Polyline Subtraction, and then select your Plain Polyline

3.  Select the desired Face of your Solid, click the Solid Feature tool, and draw a polyline where you want your hole.

21 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

for wall tile in a shower I just

consider using the Wall Material Region (WMR) for Tile, I've been using them since we got WMR's, 1 Click does the whole Wall , or you can draw them as needed, (click and drag) they also auto cut around Window and Doors.

M.

I second the wall material region tool!  You can also use the custom backsplash tool found with the other cabinet tools.  Works on walls just as it does for cabinets.  Just click and draw on the wall where you want the tile.  Automatically cuts around windows, doors, niches, etc.  

Susan