Double Panel Shaker Cabinet Door

RobUSMC

Has anyone seen a plain double stacked shaker style door in the library.  We build all our own in house and with tall pantry cabinets the lower area doors are usually a single shaker door with a center mid rail.  I found one close but it has an inside beaded profile and wont match the other doors. I know I can split a door horizontally but I need them to open as one and be a single area behind the door for rollouts or other.  See attached.

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-11-25 131731.png

Screenshot 2022-11-25 130855.png

Screenshot 2022-11-25 131034.png

1 hour ago, RobUSMC said:

Can I adjust the rail width.

I should have thought of this before. Here is a stripped down version of the plan I used to make these. (in X13, the complete version was posted here sometime in the past, and a newer version more recently)

Box Construction tab, change separation to suit. Then front/side/back tab_ equalize if both top and bottom to be the same, else adjust sizes to suit.

Then convert to symbol-

change materials so each is set to use default (rename rails and panels to suit)

Set stretch planes ---Look at previous symbols for settings for stretch planes.

DBL door plan.zip

Hi Rob,

I often run into the exact issues you are describing and Mark is definitely the expert on cabinets!

I recently put a suggestion on the Suggestions forum requesting the ability to customize cabinet doors more easily through the cabinet dialog box instead of always having to do a work around.  If you'd like to chime in on that request, it can be found by typing into the search bar "Custom Cabinet Door Styles" (be sure to use the quotation marks).  The more users who request a new feature, the better the chance Chief will produce it.  

Thanks!

Susan  :) 

On 11/26/2022 at 10:32 AM, SusanC said:

Hi Rob,

I often run into the exact issues you are describing and Mark is definitely the expert on cabinets!

I recently put a suggestion on the Suggestions forum requesting the ability to customize cabinet doors more easily through the cabinet dialog box instead of always having to do a work around.  If you'd like to chime in on that request, it can be found by typing into the search bar "Custom Cabinet Door Styles" (be sure to use the quotation marks).  The more users who request a new feature, the better the chance Chief will produce it.  

Thanks!

Susan  :) 

I will do that now Susan.  Thanks

• Like 1