Options in a plan

DKDesigns

I have an existing conditions plan that the customer wants to add a fireplace and a dormer.

Other than a save as drawing is there a way to add them as options on the current plan as an option that can be turned off or on individually or both or do i need 4 drawings?

For what it is worth, setting items up on a separate layer set may be an easy solution for a stand alone fireplace.  Items such as walls, countertops, roof planes with a dormer cutting walls appropriately etc. are the tricky items...an example would be that you can't place a wall over a wall placed on a separate layer....and keep the original wall...the new wall will overwrite the old one.  Yes, you can get some items to work with settings with invisible walls or layers but often you will see the room moldings still showing and other such surprises.  I find it much easier to save versions of the file....my method is to always sequentially sequence file versions using a letter sequence, and if I chose to stop at a version and desire to showcase to a client different options, then I add a number sequence (two digits always minimum to ensure alphabetical sequencing in the file names).  You can always package these up to showcase in a single layout file which can make things easier when sitting down or Zooming with a client.

Good luck!!