Measuring For Existing Tree Placement

rodneyh

I have a hand drawing depicting existing trees on a building lot.  I want to place/replicate those trees within my Terrain Perimeter. How do I locate those trees and shrubs in the drawing as I see no way to place measuring guides that stay in place?

In your Dimension Defaults...Locate Objects panel, make sure Other Objects...Plants and Images is checked.

In your Dimension Defaults...Locate Objects panel, make sure Other Objects...Plants and Images is checked.

Thanks but apparently I don't have the option in HD Suite

from your other post Rodney.........

Hi Rodney , sounds like you are a Home Designer User not a Chief User , there is a dedicated Home Designer Forum over here:  

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

But yes Transform/replicate is a Pro or Chief Tool , you can still use CAD lines and Dimension to them though.

see you over at HomeTalk.  (use the same ID and Password)

PS you will notice that all the other Posters to this thread have filled in their Profile signature with their Version/Year , and computer specs , this helps answer a lot of questions especially on Hometalk as there as at least 5 versions of HD..

Mick.

Rodney:

I'm not sure if your version has this feature but if you can save the drawing as a PDF, then import it into your project you can use it as a template to place your trees.  Go to File/Import and see if there is an option to import PDF. If so, bring in the PDF and set it at the rear of the layer (open the object and click on "place at rear") and then adjust bthe size until it is at proper scale (you'll need some existing dimensions on your drawing to do this). I may not have all of the terms correctly worded as I am writing this from memory but that's the basic idea. Also, it's best to lock the PDF so that it dosen't interfere with your selection of other items placed on top.

Hope this helps, good luck to you.

from your other post Rodney.........

Hi Rodney , sounds like you are a Home Designer User not a Chief User , there is a dedicated Home Designer Forum over here:  

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

But yes Transform/replicate is a Pro or Chief Tool , you can still use CAD lines and Dimension to them though.

see you over at HomeTalk.  (use the same ID and Password)

PS you will notice that all the other Posters to this thread have filled in their Profile signature with their Version/Year , and computer specs , this helps answer a lot of questions especially on Hometalk as there as at least 5 versions of HD..

Mick.

Thanks Mick, I was hoping there was a non professional forum.

Sincerely,

Rod Haynes