Layout box specification

buzzsaw204

Away from my computer but as I recall, those settings obey the last setting they were given during the Send to Layout operation.  In other words, I think the “Default” (or at least the closest thing to it) is in the Send to Layout dialog.  Again, that’s just from memory.  It might be wrong, but it’s worth a look.  

I never use the edge line and pattern line defaults.  I just setup the line weights/colors in the elevation view the way I want them to look.  Then in the "send to layout" dialog, I make sure "use edge line defaults" and "use pattern line defaults" are both unchecked.  WYSIWYG.

2 hours ago, DBCooper said:

I never use the edge line and pattern line defaults.  I just setup the line weights/colors in the elevation view the way I want them to look.  Then in the "send to layout" dialog, I make sure "use edge line defaults" and "use pattern line defaults" are both unchecked.  WYSIWYG.

I personally use Pattern Line Defaults for almost all 3D views sent to layout.  I like my pattern lines to be a lighter gray color with a zero line weight for most all color off views but I don’t want to change my Material Definition because I still like to be able to produce colored vector views with darker pattern lines.  

4 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Away from my computer but as I recall, those settings obey the last setting they were given during the Send to Layout operation.  In other words, I think the “Default” (or at least the closest thing to it) is in the Send to Layout dialog.  Again, that’s just from memory.  It might be wrong, but it’s worth a look.  

No...Not in there.  

12 hours ago, buzzsaw204 said:

No...Not in there.  

To my knowledge, as Michael said there is no actual default setting.

17 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

This used to be the case in X10, and yes it would remember the last used value, even across plans.

Somewhere along the line it was removed as it no longer functions that way in X12 or X14.

Not sure why they removed that but it would be good to get it back. I have never found any preference or default settings in plan or layout to change the default values. Hope I'm wrong.

13 hours ago, buzzsaw204 said:

No...Not in there.  

I've been living with this because I always had to go in and change the color of the pattern lines anyway, but I made a suggestion to restore the function Michael described.

I also asked for color setting in the dialog box. Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

Could be Chief wants to deprecate the entire function??

Ya.  I think that was their intention at one point but they found out so many of us use the feature still so they've left it in place.  What I don't like even more than the inability to set those defaults is the fact you can't change a layout box to use Edge or Pattern Line Defaults after the fact.  I feel like it should be a toggle right there in the layout box.  I personally don't use Edge Line Defaults, but use Pattern Line Default all the time. 

• Like 1