Guidelines

rodneyh

I am a new user. 

Is there a way to access and use guidelines similar to ones in G-Sketchup?  For instance I want to “Create Terrain Perimeter “ to reflect a jog in the actual lot line.  I want to “breakline” at 280’ on a 325’ line so I can reflect the jog but have no marker or indicator as to where 280’ feet is.  I can use “manual dimension” but any mark disappears when I let go of the mouse to go to the “line break” tool.  I assume I am missing a very simple tool or process but so far no luck in finding it.

You can draw a cad line (snap to a corner of the terrain perimeter) then use "Transform/Replicate Object" to offset the line. Then use "Break Line" tool at the intersection of the offset line and the terrain perimeter.

Modify terrain perimeter as needed.

I recommend using lot lines nested inside the terrain perimeter to represent the lot

I like my TP to be larger than the lot to allow for roads, sidewalks, other buidlings etc

also don't like seeing the ends of the universe when doing renders/rays

Lew

Hi Rodney , sounds like you are a Home Designer User not a Chief User , there is a dedicated Home Designer Forum over here:  

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

But yes Transform/replicate is a Pro or Chief Tool , you can still use CAD lines and Dimension to them though.

see you over at HomeTalk.  (use the same ID and Password)

PS you will notice that all the other Posters to this thread have filled in their Profile signature with their Version/Year , and computer specs , this helps answer a lot of questions especially on Hometalk as there as at least 5 versions of HD..

Mick.