Electrical Connection Issues

jbur91

I've been noticing a consistent issue with electrical connections not staying connected to the objects they are supposed to. When I create a plan and save it, often when I return weeks later to do edits, I find that the electrical connections are no longer "attached" to the fixtures or switches, and that when I move something, the connection no longer moves with it. Additionally, when I go to Tools>Checks>Plan Check, it identifies every switch and fixture as not connected to anything. Furthermore, when I try to adjust and reconnect the connections, they start merging irregularly, or disappearing altogether.

The plan in question is attached in a zip folder; any suggestions that don't involve reconnecting everything from scratch would be greatly appreciated!

ashton.zip

Hi Jack,

I looked at your plan, the connections are a bit off of the attachment point on the switch. 

but then I moved it to the end and it stayed attached.

Try attaching the connection to the end of the S like the left 2 gang box in the front hall in this image..

Sometimes you need to hold the control key down to get the connection line to bend to the switch.

HTH

Switch attachment-Screenshot .jpg