Join roof planes from different floors

madcowscarnival

Hey all.  I'm trying to figure out a roof layout for a builder's hand drawn plan.  There is a 2nd floor at the front of the house, the rear pitch extends from that 2nd floor ridge to the first floor wall at the top plate.  The rear plane (a 10:12) is "located" on the second floor.  There is a breakfast nook extending from the rear wall of the house.  I want to try and make the valley from the 2nd floor plane "attach" to the valley on the 1st floor rear gable using the join planes tool.  I've attached.

That's not a particularly critical area, but demonstrates the issue I'm having.  The entire purpose of this is to figure out the rather messy area on the right side of the plan without him just going in and overlaying crickets as needed.

Thank you all.

Untitled 1.plan

Have you tried putting all the roofs on the same level?  If I am understanding the issue... determine the level you want all planes, select and move each accordingly with the arrows highlighted on the attached.  It wont mess your model up either.. 

I did not open your model to see if this was the issue.. 

Screenshot 2022-11-10 175256.png

On 11/10/2022 at 6:06 PM, madcowscarnival said:

I had not tried that, but will try and see what happens.  I did just find out that those tools work in "ortho" independently of what "plan" floor they are on.  Very nice.  It seems like it solves the problem pretty well, but maybe not with the correct method.

You just move them up or down to make your joins, then move them back to the floor where you want them to display in your plan.