Chief X10 Saved Plan Views

McCabeDesign

Hi, I would so appreciate some feedback on saved plan views for Chief X10. When I change one saved plan view the changes are made to other saved plan views even though I switch from one set (both plan view and layout) to other. When I right click on a saved plan view - I don't have an edit option so I can't select never save (to other plan views) as older versions have. When I send a plan view to layout, I also don't have an unlink option. Finally, when I open Layer Sets, Display Options - the box modify all layer sets is unchecked. Please help! 

The first thing I did was to open the "Help Files" and did a search for "Plan files" (when version X10 aka version 20 was new, I never used that feature. I do use it frequently in X13 and X14. I recommend that you find and re-read that section to familiarize how it is designed to work and not work. 

Actually, until your post I had not known that X10 had that feature, I may not be alone in that.

DJP

3 hours ago, McCabeDesign said:

When I change one saved plan view the changes are made to other saved plan views

I’m guessing this is because you are making changes in a layer set or default set that is shared with other saved plan views. 

Make sure you create unique default sets and layer sets for each saved plan view.

I wish there was an option to make this automatic, so that when you create a new saved plan view it automatically attaches that name as a prefix for each default set, layer set and cad layer. 

On 11/9/2022 at 2:54 PM, Michael_Gia said:

I’m guessing this is because you are making changes in a layer set or default set that is shared with other saved plan views. 

Make sure you create unique default sets and layer sets for each saved plan view.

I wish there was an option to make this automatic, so that when you create a new saved plan view it automatically attaches that name as a prefix for each default set, layer set and cad layer. 

This sounds like the Issue to me as well , each SVP , should have a dedicated Default Set (Annotation), Layerset etc along with dedicated CAD Layers, text etc etc.  so making a change in 1 SVP does not effect the look of other SVP by accident. Takes a bit to setup 1st time but well worth it , if you aren't the type to be constantly checking "Active Defaults" before doing ANYTHING .......

* I'd also like the New SVP to Auto renaming/create those new Settings for each default set, layer set and cad layer. 

M.

• Upvote 1