Adding molding profile to library

Salishsue

Hi there - I have added a molding profile to my User Catalog of the library that I would like to use as window casing. I imported the CAD block from the Metrie catalog into a CAD detail on my open plan and selected the profile to be added to the library. I can see the profile in my User Catalog when viewing the library separately, but when I open the casing dialog box on a window or door and open the library from the dialog box, the profile is not available to select. 

The CAD profile was added as a block. I have also tried un-blocking the profile but that doesn't help either.

What am I missing?

using CA X14

Thanks!

Susan

22 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Here's a poorly made video demonstrating the process. And I randomly picked a terrible profile to demonstrate it!

ZERO offense meant by this, I truly mean to help, and I wouldn't have even said anything if I didn't already know the quality of work you produce.

• Make a Macro SPV for your tiny detail work so that your arrows, line weights, and dimensions aren't in your face. I think you probably do this a lot judging on your past section detailing
  • No 3d mouse? your panning and tracking will be soooo much faster
  • Do you use continuous draw mode, only mention it because you didnt on those walls and wanted to make sure you knew about it
  • You dont have to open a rich text box to copy the text that is within the box, you couldve just selected the rich text box, hit copy, then pasted the text as the profile name
  • Couldve marqueed the entire profile, clicked extend then single clicked any polyline to connect all disconnected edges..this may not have been faster for this profile, but for a more complex profile.
    Again only hoping to help

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

ZERO offense meant by this, I truly mean to help, and I wouldn't have even said anything if I didn't already know the quality of work you produce.

• Make a Macro SPV for your tiny detail work so that your arrows, line weights, and dimensions aren't in your face. I think you probably do this a lot judging on your past section detailing
  • No 3d mouse? your panning and tracking will be soooo much faster
  • Do you use continuous draw mode, only mention it because you didnt on those walls and wanted to make sure you knew about it
  • You dont have to open a rich text box to copy the text that is within the box, you couldve just selected the rich text box, hit copy, then pasted the text as the profile name
  • Couldve marqueed the entire profile, clicked extend then single clicked any polyline to connect all disconnected edges..this may not have been faster for this profile, but for a more complex profile.
    Again only hoping to help

No offense taken, Rene! I admitted it was poorly made.

I do normally draw walls in continuous mode, I used the tab input because the OP said that was his method that was causing issue.

Text, not sure why I did that...I usually copy like you mentioned.

I have scale details set up, I just didn't bother to use one for that example. I simply turned off the temp dimensions. I assumed a new user may not have a saved CAD detail for trim.

3d mouse...not yet. FWIW I was intentionally moving the mouse slower than normal.

Trust me, I'm aware of the level of quality of that demonstration video.

Ashamed GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 2

Thanks, all for the replies. My mistake was not exploding the CAD block first and making it a closed polyline before selecting it to add to my library. 

I've got it working properly now! (the tech article didn't address this point well enough for me, but robdyck's video made it clear to me!)

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...