New manufacturer's catalogs for Chief? Some tips from a user on how to make it happen.

SusanC

Thanks @SusanC; this is a proven technique that has opened multiple doors and conversations with brand partners.

For everyone, our content and social media teams are more than happy to backup brand partner comments and requests, just tag @chiefarchitect, or otherwise let us know that you are pursuing the addition of the catalog - we will join the conversation! These introductions between brands and Chief can be powerful when they come from people with shared interests.

• Upvote 3

Hi Brad,

Great!  I just commented on a GAF Instagram post and hashtagged my company and ChiefArchitect.  Anyone else, please feel free to do this as well.

Also, definitely write an email to your rep and explain why you'd like to see GAF in Chief.  I've found that a manufacturer is very interested in knowing a client will see a realistic rendering of their product and that it will help in correctly ordering their product if it populates a schedule or building material list.  

If you need reinforcement, post your rep's contact info and other Chief users can help you out by contacting them as well.

Susan

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 12.48.18 PM.png

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Chief's Content and Social Media Team would share some tips with us?   I have K&B designer friends who are incredibly successful using Instagram, FB and TikTok, but I'm still a beginner in this area.   I always think it sounds easy enough, but there are definitely some nuances to learn. :) 

• Like 1

Hi Susan,
Great question. Here are some social media tips we've found to be successful for getting brands to engage with us and eventually join our Partner Program.

Collaboration and engagement increase opportunity. When you collaborate, you reach not only your audience, but your collaborator's audience. Think beyond your feed. Get your content into the manufacturers feed.

Here are some examples:

• Follow the brands you are interested in. Tag them when there is an opportunity. They will become aware of you so when you ask for something, they trust that you are a legitimate customer and not a bot. They value their customers. Engaging with the brands you want is the number one thing you can do to get the ball rolling. 
  • Invite manufacturers to a collaborator post on Instagram. When you do this, the post appears in their feed and yours. It's win win because you benefit by reaching their audience and they benefit by reaching your audience. When you are posting an image of a new design, in the description, tag brands who's products are included. Tag us @chiefarchitect and ask that they add their line of products to our 3D Library. We can follow up with them by commenting on the post.  
  • We like to make it easy for them to get in contact with us. Here is an example of what we may comment on a manufacturers post or a post as described above. "@chiefarchitect users are asking for your products in a digital catalog. We would love to include you in our 3D Library. Please get in touch with us at content@chiefarchitect.com for the details. Thank you!" By doing this, we have given them a chance to click a link directly to our social media page, not hunt us down, and provided an email address to contact us.

Hashtags & Keywords:

Instead of or in addition to hashtags use relevant copy with keywords in the caption that help with searching. Active searching is how people look for things now, not necessarily by following hashtags. If you are going to use hashtags, fewer is better. Using four relevant hashtags are best. But using the right words in the copy is the best chance of being found / seen. For help with keywords, the Google Keyword Planner can help. Put in a category and it gives you search results for trending topics. These are the best keywords to use.

Use @ to tag companies or people. It will notify them that you did this.

Use # to be added to feeds of those who follow that specific hashtag. People who follow the # will not be notified.

So if you want to ensure your message is getting to them. Tag / @

The image below illustrates how to do a collaborator post on Instagram.

How-to-Collab.png

• Upvote 3

Thanks Kerry!  Your tips are very helpful.  

I do "Follow" the brands I'm interested in and then comment on one of their posts, hashtag my firm, Chief, and another designer I met at Chief Academy who is helping me on this and then "Send" the post to Chief using the envelope icon.  I'll work on incorporating your other tips.  

I would love to get other Chief users involved by doing 2 things:

• Share your Instagram name on this thread.
  • Share the brands you are interested in getting into Chief.

If we work as a collective group we are going to be much more effective.

• Like 2

An additional note, if someone would like to be an advocate but isn't active on Social Media, all is not lost!

Sharing resources here, as @SusanC has described, can still be done. I think the key is crowd-sourcing the communication.

If you are pursuing a brand, the community (including Chief Architect teams) can back you up!

I think it comes down to communicating with each other the action being taken and the brands of interest.

• Post the brands you've contacted and the method of contact (this can be via phone, e-mail, social, direct, etc.). Let us know if you have successes!
  • If in a public forum, share the comment here and/or tag @chiefarchitect and/or e-mail content@chiefarchitect.com.
  • If you are willing to be an advocate, let everyone know here! We can include you in messaging so you have an opportunity to add your voice for the brand you'd like to see! 

We'll likely move this thread away from the Suggestions Forum, and move it into a more appropriate location, but the entire conversation should remain intact (tags and mentions preserved).

Thanks to everyone who is interested in this pursuit, every voice matters.

• Like 1

I agree, you definitely do not need to use social media.  Emails are also very effective.

Some of you may remember way back in 2017 when I posted on ChiefTalk asking for your help in writing to the contacts I had at SubZero/Wolf.  Many Chief users helped by sending an email to SubZero/Wolf, requesting a catalog for Chief.  Because of everyone's help, we now have that catalog.  I'm hoping we can work together again to get some more brands on board. 

• Upvote 2

• BrianBeck pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Happy New Year!!

Here is a super easy opportunity to have your voice heard for new catalogs in Chief:

Visit the Chief Architect Software page on Face Book.  Chief recently posted on their home page asking for us to comment on what brands we'd like to see in Chief's library.  

Please take advantage of this easy opportunity and help Chief make our requests known!!

Thanks,

Susan  

p.s.  screenshot shows what to look for on the Chief Architect Software FB page.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 11.14.36 AM.png

• Like 1

Thanks @SusanC!

We are getting really great feedback and sharing all of your voices requesting branded catalogs through posts like these. The beauty of tagging your favorite brands in social media posts (and including @chiefarchitect) is that the brands will actively see these requests and hear you, their customer, asking for an easy tool for specifying (and buying) their products. What's more, your peers have the opportunity to see these requests and to add their support and double-down in tagging the brands as well.

Here is a direct link to the posts:

Remember to include the '@' symbol in front of the brand name so they get a notification.

Everybody wins when more digital catalogs are available inside design software like Chief Architect! Log into your Facebook and Instagram accounts and tag your favorite brands and @chiefarchitect too!

Thanks everyone for helping grow the voice of Chief Architect users.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Going to IBS / KBIS in Vegas this week?  Consider visiting booths of manufacturers you'd like to see in Chief, introduce yourself and talk with the reps.  They love to hear that you spec their products. Tell them how you'd like to be able to use their products in your renders to sell to clients, populate your schedules to place orders, etc..  Also visit the booths of manufacturers who are already in Chief and let them know how much you enjoy using their products in your designs.  :) 

• 1 month later...

Recap of options you have for getting your requests heard:

1Instagram:  Chief has started a new user group on Instagram called Chief Architect Catalog Request.  This is a growing group of Chief users who help each other out by commenting on each other's posts made for catalog requests.  Please let me know if you'd like to be added to this group.  Once you've been added, this is how it works:

• When you go on Instagram, click on Messages and then on Chief Architect Catalog Requests and you will be able to see member's Instagram posts for catalog requests.  Double click on a post and make a comment so manufacturers know there is more than one person asking them to place a catalog in Chief.  
  • And/or, if you want to ask a manufacturer for a catalog in Chief, go to their Instagram page, find one of their posts, and post a comment - let them know how much you like their products and you'd like to be able to use them when working in Chief and creating 3d renders for clients, populating material lists, etc.  Be sure to send your post to Chief Architect Catalog Request so we can help you out by commenting as well.  
  • Follow the companies you are interested in and comment or like their posts.  Important they know you are a person and not a "bot".

2Reps:  A contact at a manufacturer is a powerful way to get your request heard.  Send an email to your rep and let them know how much you love using their products and having the actual 3d models in your Chief Architect software helps clients visualize their product in your 3d renders.  Also helps you order their product correctly as material lists / schedules populate with their product info.  

3Online contact form: Contact the company through their website contact form.  Believe it or not, companies do read the comments that come through these forms.  

4FaceBook:  Comment on the manufacturer's Face Book page.  Be complimentary of their products, let them know you spec them often and would like to see them in Chief.

Thank you for helping out and if you need help getting started, post on this thread.  Getting manufacturers on board tends to be a slow process and requires many Chief users requests!

Susan

Chief Instagram .png

Chief Instagram post.png

12 minutes ago, Gawdzira said:

Please add me to the IG group.

@lehmandesignstudio

Thanks

Alan

Alan,

Thank you for joining!  All set, I just added you to the group.  Let me know if you have any issues finding it.

Susan

Are you on Instagram?  Come join a growing group of Chief users who are working together to get more manufacturer catalogs in Chief.  Getting a manufacturer on board is generally a slow process and your voice is very important.  

Scroll up this thread to the post with the bathtub to read details of how this process works.  

Have a good day!  :)  

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 12.46.23 PM.png

• 10 months later...

I'd like to provide my template that I use to reach out to companies. 

***Subject: Collaboration Opportunity: Integrating Your Product Library into Chief Architect

Dear [Company Name] Marketing Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is [Your Name], and I am reaching out to you from [Your Company/Position]. I wanted to discuss a compelling opportunity that could greatly benefit both your company and Chief Architect users.

As a dedicated user and advocate of Chief Architect, I've come to appreciate the platform's capacity to facilitate seamless design processes and enable clients to visualize projects with remarkable precision. One aspect that continually enhances user experience is the availability of diverse product libraries directly within Chief Architect's interface.

Recognizing the exceptional quality and variety of products offered by [Company Name], I believe that integrating your product library into Chief Architect would be a strategic move with immense potential benefits for both parties involved.

Here are some compelling reasons why uploading your product library into Chief Architect would be advantageous:

-Increased Recognition: By making your products readily accessible within Chief Architect, you stand to gain significant exposure among architects, designers, and homeowners who rely on the platform for their design projects. Your brand will become synonymous with quality and innovation in the eyes of Chief Architect users.

-Enhanced Orders and Sales: Having your products integrated into Chief Architect streamlines the design process for professionals and clients alike. As users explore design options and visualize their projects, they are more likely to select [Company Name] products, leading to increased orders and sales volume.

-Heightened Brand Awareness: Your presence within Chief Architect's product library reinforces your brand's visibility and credibility within the architectural and design community. As users engage with your products during the design phase, they become more familiar with your brand, leading to greater brand recognition and loyalty over time.

In essence, this collaboration presents a compelling opportunity for [Company Name] to showcase its products to a highly engaged and influential audience, while simultaneously enhancing the design capabilities of Chief Architect users.

I would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further and provide any assistance you may need in facilitating the integration process. Please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience to explore this exciting collaboration in more detail.

Thank you for considering this proposal, and I look forward to the possibility of working together to bring your exquisite collection to the forefront of Chief Architect's product library.

Warm regards,

[Your Name] [Your Contact Information]***

I have had a few replies from various companies. After they reply, I provide them with the Partner Program link and the content@chiefarchitect.com email