Different roof heights

trevannguyen

Go to solution Solved by BenPalmer,

• Solution

A few ways to match the example that has a higher roof height at the porch

1. (auto) raise the heights of the side rooms (left and right) to the same height you have on the porch
  2. (auto) use 'roof baseline polylines' (see F1 help) and adjust them to the left and right of the porch
  3. do it manually by adjusting the roof planes as needed.

If you want it 'flush' with the rest of the roof planes as you mentioned vs matching the higher roof of the example, then lower the ceiling height of the porch to match the rest of the house.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your help Ben! Can you specify which rooms i need to raise?

I added line breaks to circled areas, raised the wall and got the same result as first picture.

Did you mean to raise the garage and bedroom wall? Wouldnt that raise the roof line of those rooms? I need those rooms to stay lower like the book example

Screenshot 2022-11-07 124732.png

InkedScreenshot 2022-11-07 124732.jpg

Now seeing the floor plan: If you want to use 'auto' roofs, you would need use the second option I listed by adjusting the 'roof baselines'.  Or use option 3 and adjust the roof manually.

I'm sure you know this, but your floor plan screen shots in your second post don't match your roof lines from your first post.  The roof polylines will be easier to work with if you have it like your first post to start with.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, trevannguyen said:

If i lower the porch ceiling height to make it flush, the porch roof line becomes the same height as the garage and bedroom to the left and right. The porch roofline needs to be higher like the book example

You are correct.  You're description in the first post of 'needs to be flush with the rest of the roofs' and your pic with the porch roof not flush with the rest of the roof contradicted each other in my interpretation, so I was trying to answer both questions for you.  My 'guess' is your comment about being flush meant to get rid of the hip over the front porch vs making the eaves flush...but that is just guessing.  Doing my best with your description. :)  The screen shots are very helpful.

• Upvote 1