X14 active layer issue.

gmellidesign

Hi I am running x14 even updated today but still having issue where I can’t access the active layer display it seems to be hanging over the screen I can sometimes click on it but mostly I can’t access it like I used to and it’s not tiling on the side like it used to I have added screen shot to show it. 
was like this before updating also having issues with the program closing too nothing has changed recently. I have shut it down numerous times but nothing is working and I can’t get any work done. Also opened other files same thing happening. Thanks in advance. New computer this year so it’s not the issue.

EE4DE4A5-992B-44AA-B5E0-71A694F2DADC.jpeg

If looks docked sideways there which is odd.  If you go to Preferences, Reset Options and select 'Reset Side Windows' does that fix it? Or failing that the same for toolbars although you'll lose any customisations to the toolbars.

This issue may possibly be the result of Chief closing improperly which may be indicative of other issues with your PC, drivers (auto updates) or Chief install.